The Witch, Wolf, and Dragon

"Geoff, it's fine. Let me talk to him." She looked at Samuel. "We just need a place to rest for one night then we'll be on our way. We're only traveling through the area. Can you help us?"

Samuel looked from Geoff to Crystal and then at the tent. "Doesn't look like your set up yet, so pack up and leave." He looked back at Crystal, "The woods can be a very dangerous place."

"Is that a threat?" Geoff growled.

"Its a promise. Beasts lurk around every tree around here. So pack up and keep moving." Samuel looked calm but there was something in his eyes that said other wise.

Crystal turned to Geoff. "We should leave. Let's just pack up and keep going."

Geoff broke his glare and looked at Crystal. "Fine." Then he looked back up. "Tell me something first. Are you the beast that was by the waterfall?" Crystal's eyes widened to the question.

"So that didn't hide my scent, huh? You have a strong nose, dog. Yes, that was me."

"Are you a dragon? A beast of myths?"

"Half a one. Yes." Crystal turned back around, "Are you surprised, little witch?" His lips were turned up into a sarcastic smile. "A beast helped you. Are you scared?"

"I am. Actually. But I'm not scared." She started to walk over to him. Geoff quickly grabbed her arm, she turned around, "Geoff, he maybe able to help. Please."

He wasn't going to let her go. "Talk from here. Don't get close to him."

She nodded and looked back at Samuel. "Please, you helped me once before. Can you help again? We're looking for his mother and father."

"Well then, go home. It's no use." He turned around and started walking away. "You'll never find them in time. It's a losing battle." Then he walked off and disappeared. He didn't go to far though. He just went far enough so he wouldn't be noticed by Geoff.

Geoff and Crystal packed their stuff back up and continued on. Samuel followed them and kept his eye on them.

Why won't they go home? Shepherd is going to have their heads if they keep going. Samuel was drawn to Crystal. She seemed like a strong witch and she was pretty. There was something different about her. It's all in my head. It's the isolation talking. Yet, he kept following them. All the way until they reached the city. He was able to get a little closer to them. They found a cheap motel to stay in. I should let Johnathan know they're here.

He started to pull out his phone when he heard her voice. "Finally reporting them, Sammy?"

He didn't need to turn around to know that the she-devil was behind him. "That's not my name Chloe." He put his phone back I to his pocket. "What do you want?"

She drug her fingers over the back of his shoulders and seductively whispered into his ear, " Just keeping an eye on my man." A shiver ran down Samuel's back. "You know the boss isn't going to be happy that you didn't report them" She draped herself over him and nibbled on his ear. "I have always liked the bad boys."

Samuel tried to get away, but she had out powered him. Chloe got in front of him and her eyes were glowing red. "Chloe, let me go. I'll do my job and report them."

She shook her head. "As your master I should punish you for not doing it sooner, but the new girl needs to prove her loyalty to Shepherd, so I cant let you do that." She pushed herself up against him and made him look right at her. "You and I need a night together. Room 13 is opened and waiting."

Once he was caught in her gaze he was forced to follow her. Since she was his master he had no control of himself when given an order. He followed her to room 13 where he was gonna be in for a long restless night.

*

****

The next morning Amelia walked over to Crystal's house and knocked on the door. When her father answered she asked to see Crystal.

"Sorry sweetie, but her and Geoff left."

"Do you know where they went?"

"No I don't. Maybe if you ask Petunia, she'll know."

"OK. Well, thank you." She turned around and walked off the stoop.

He nodded and closed the door.

Damn it, now how am I supposed to keep tabs on them. I'm supposed to report back to Johnathan soon. She walked down the road to Petunias house. She never went up to the door. Amelia knew that Petunia wouldn't tell her anything. What am I going to do? Just then her phone rang. She looked at the number but didn't recognize it.

"Hello, Amelia speaking."

"This is Chloe. You're the new girl to the team right?"

"Yes, but I wasn't aware I was part of a team."

"That's alright. Just contact Johnny boy and let him know they aren't in town."

"How do you know that?"

"I have eyes and ears everywhere. Just tell him." Then the phone went silent.

That was weird. Amelia shrugged her shoulders and dialed Johnathans number. She relayed the message she got to him and then went home.

There her father was waiting for her in the kitchen with a note in hand. "You have another job to do." She went to grab the piece of paper but he didn't let go of it. "You have school today. Go. Take your classes and then you get this job."

"Dad, Mr. Shepherd isn't going to be happy about it."

"We made a deal. School and then work. Go to school."

"Yes sir." She grabbed her school bag and walked out the door. Outside was a black SUV she had never seen before.

She started walking to the school when a man got out of the SUV and called out to her. He looked like one of Shepherds men. She walked over to him. "What do you want? Gonna give me a ride to school?"

"No." Was all he said before two more men got out and grabbed her. They threw her into the SUV and took off.

Her father looked out the window and watched the men grab her. With the note he received sitting on the counter.

We need her in the city today. Send her out.