Feelings and Reality

He was hesitant at first, but his grip softened. "Are you sure?"

As Crystal looked at Geoff she saw that his expression was far to serious. "Yeah, if I'm wrong you can catch me." With that he didn't let her go. He pulled her in. "Geoff?"

"That's not what I was asking. Are you sure you love me? Are you sure it's not the imprint? I wanted to be able to chose who I fell in love with, but it's important that you get to as well."

"Yes I'm sure. If I got to spend the rest of my life with you, I'd be more than happy."

Geoff brought his hand up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. His touch had sent a shiver down Crystal's back. It had done that before, but this time it was stronger. Just as he was leaning in to kiss her, she got a vision.

"Run!" A loud voice said. "Get to the door now! If you wait it'll be to late!"

"What about you?" Crystal felt herself say.

"Don't worry about me! Go! You need to get to his mother! Don't forget she is the key to all of this."

He pushed her, and she took off running again. She was in a poorly lit hallway. She didn't have far to run. Just as she got to the door, she looked back to see something like a flamethrower. Then she opened and ran through the door. She had no clue where to go from here. The only thing she had to go on was this pulling feeling. She knew that by following it she would get to where she was going.

Two doors later, Crystal came to a big open room. "Ah, if it isn't the young witch." A man, who looked older than her dad stepped into the light. He was holding a cane and a ring of keys. He stood next to a medical chair. Then she saw him. Geoff was strapped to it. Just inches away from his neck was a needle that had some sort of red liquid in it.

"Geoff!"

Just as she was about to run up to him, "Make another move and the boy loses everything and becomes my puppet." Then he snapped his fingers.

Just as she was about to see the people coming from the shadows the vision ended.

"Crystal!" Geoff's voice finally came through to her consciousness. "You're back. What did you see?" He helped her sit up.

Crystal quickly clung to him. "Oh thank god." She pulled away, "wait, how'd I get on the ground?"

"As soon as the vision started you became dead weight. It was all I could do to not drop you."

"It came on that fast? Thank you. I knew you'd be there to catch me." She giggled.

"Always, just next time warn me. Ok? So what did you see?"

"It wasn't much. A lot of running. I was alone and being pulled by some sort of force. There was this old man with a cane, and he captured you. You were strapped to this chair and a needle with a red liquid was just inches away from your neck." Crystal almost broke out into hysterics, "He may have had your parents too. But I didn't see them." Remembering Geoff strapped down had her shaking.

"Hey, it'll be alright." He wrapped his arms around her and tried to comfort her. "So you think he had my parents?" She nods, "Well, now we know they are still alive." While Geoff was spaced out, Crystal got up. As she tried to  walk away Geoff noticed and quickly stood up. "Are you sure you're ready to walk?"

Crystal nodded and started to walk. As soon as she had taken a few steps she started to wobble and fall. Geoff caught her waist and pulled her to him. "Geoff, please let go. I have to walk alone."

"Why? Can't you rely on me? I'm not letting you do that until you've rested a little longer. You can see your house, so we're not far. Please rest. I've got you." They sat down again on the ground. Geoff leaned up against a tree and tried to pull Crystal onto his lap.

"I can rely on you. Always will. But ever since you came to terms with how you feel your touches send more shivers down my back." She was sitting down just in front of him. "I love the feeling, but at the same time it makes me scared. Before I got the vision it felt like you were going to kiss me. Did we seal the imprint?"

"No. We didn't." Crystal let out the breath she had been holding and leaned into him. He wrapped his arms around her once again, "Are you glad?"

"Very. You're still in love with Amelia and I can tell you want to make things right. Kissing me and completing the imprint would only make things harder. I love you, but you're not completely in love with me. I'm alright with that. For now," she looked up at him and kissed his cheek, "someday though, I want to be the one you pick."

Geoff pulled her into a big hug. "Thank you Crystal. I do love you. You've always been here for me, ever since you moved here."

Tears that had been sitting and waiting had finally spilled over and ran down Crystal's cheek. "Always."

"KIDS! Geoff! Amelia! Crystal!" Mr. Meyer's voice echoed through the forest. "Breakfast!"

"We should get going." Crystal said pushing off of Geoff, she wiped her eyes.  She got up and held her hand out to him. "I still need your help getting back to the house."

He took her hand and stood.  She dropped her arm over his shoulder, then he wrapped one arm around her back and the other was behind her knees. He scooped her up in his arms.

"Geoff. I can walk. Put me down."

"Not happening. If we want to make it the rest of the way without stopping then let's get going."

Crystal sighed. "Alright. Let's go." She heard him giggle through his chest and then felt him kiss the top of her head.