The Motel

"Hey Crystal, this place has a pool!" Geoff was looking at the pamphlet the receptionist gave them. "We should check it out!" 

     Crystal looked at him with a curious look, "Let me see." Geoff handed her the paper, "We should check it out. I packed my swimsuit."

     "Great! After that, we can go and get a bite to eat." They changed into their suits and walked across the commons to the gated pool. They were the only ones there. Geoff jumped right in. When he surfaced he looked over to Crystal, "jump in! The water is great." 

     Crystal took her shorts off and set them on the on a chair. "I think I will just ease my way in." She walked over to the stairs and stepped into the water. "It is a little warm." She took a few more steps down. 

     "Crystal, take your shirt off. You don't want to wear a wet shirt to dinner do you?" Geoff swam over to her and stood in the shallow end. The water was level came up to his stomach. "Besides it's just us here. Nothing to be shy about." He walked over to the stairs and looked up at her.

     She sighed at him. "Alright, fine." She walked to the chair and placed her shirt on top of her pants. Before she turned around she called out to him. "You say one thing about me and I'll drown you." 

     "I promise I won't say anything." When Crystal turned around Geoff couldn't believe how she looked. She was thin, but she had an athletic build. All those years of playing sports and running around in the woods did a world of good for her. "Crystal..." She looked at him and his eyes being on her made her even more nervous and shy. She hesitantly walked back into the water. As she came down the stairs Geoff approached her. For a moment they were both standing and staring at each other. Then Geoff snapped out of the trance he seemed to have been in and yanked her into the water. She lost balance and fell into the water. Geoff laughed playfully, and when Crystal came up she glared at him. Without any warning, she splashed water into his face. "What was that for?" 

     "That was for pulling me in!" She splashed him again. "That one was for ogling at me."

     "I wasn't ogling at you." He splashed her back. "You had a bruise on your back" 

     "You hesitated." Another splash to the face. They went back and forth, laughing and having fun. 

     Geoff dove down and swam closer to Crystal. When he came back up he was right behind her. He grabbed her and tried to dunk her under. When he couldn't move her he realized that she had called water to aid her. "That's not fair."

     She giggled, "What's not fair is what's behind you." Keeping a hold on her, he looked behind him and saw a big bubble of water behind his head. He tucked his head into her neck. "Hey get your head off me!"

     "Nope. If you drop that on me you will get yourself." He felt her sign and heard the water splash behind him. Geoff still didn't raise his head. 

     Crystal, trying to get out of his grip, ended up just turning around in his arms. She pushed against his chest but was still unable to escape. When Geoff picked up his head and looked down at her, her sky blue eyes held him in a trance. Her brown hair laid flat on her smooth back. Under his hands, her skin felt so soft and smooth. He could feel his cheeks flushing and saw how red her cheeks were getting too. He quickly let go and backed up. "Sorry." 

     After seeing the shock of Geoff getting so flustered, Crystal hugged him from behind. "It's fine." She laid her cheek against his back. "I know nothing is ever going to happen between us and I am working on being alright with that. Imprint or not." She gave a light squeeze and then backed off. Before Geoff could turn around she quickly ducked under the water to hide the tears that started to fall. When she came back up she proposed getting out and drying off. "My fingers are starting to wrinkle and I'm ready for a homecooked meal." 

     They got out and went to a pizzeria that was just down the block from the motel. They ordered the pizza for take-out and went back to their room. On the way back Geoff thought he caught the scent of Samuel. It was only for a moment and then it was gone. Crystal was on the phone with her dad telling him about what all had happened and that they were at the motel. They got into their room and Geoff set the pizza on the table, took a slice, and then hopped on the bed closes to the window. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. Crystal looked over at him with a look that said 'turn it down'. 

     "Well dad, were back to our room and I'm gonna grab a bite to eat....Yeah, we'll be careful...No you didn't mention that. Was she alright?... Ok, good. Do you think that she went to her house? No? Alright then. Thank you for telling me... You too. Don't forget that Aunt Petunia is only a call away and there are some microwave foods in the fridge... I love you too Dad." Crystal tossed the phone on the other bed and grabbed a slice of pizza. With a mouth full she told Geoff about Amelia. "So Dad said that Amelia came by the house this morning."

     "Oh yeah? Did he say anything else?"

     "Nope. She seemed normal and was headed to school." She sat on the bed and watched TV with Geoff. 

     Just down a few rooms from them was another couple who had their eyes on Amelia. 

     Chloe and Samuel had been waiting for Amelia to come to the room. "Are you sure Johnathan got your message?" Samuel was lying in bed with Chloe's head on his bare chest. They were both covered in the sheets. He grabbed his phone and checked it for any messages. 

     Chloe picked her head up and looked at him. "Put that down, and don't question me." She climbed on top of him and took the phone from his hands. "This is only going to get in the way." She tossed it onto the floor. "He'll get here with her when he gets here. I have you all to myself until then and I am not wasting it." She leaned down and nibbled on his neck. Careful not to bite him. He tensed up at the sensation she was giving him and quickly pushed her down onto the bed. "Oh, that's my dragon." She pulled on his hair and wrapped her legs around him.

     Samuel's phone started to vibrate and went unanswered.