brian may

Brian was hopelessly in love with his best friend. He was so in love it hurt. But he didn't have the guts to tell her. And the rest of the band was so tired of hearing him talk about her.

Maggie sat at home, flipping through some history books while Queen's first record was playing. Maggie was super proud of the boys, especially Brian. She was interrupted by the door slamming up and the loud voices of Roger and Freddie.

"Mag!" Roger threw himself on the couch beside her. "Hello Rog." She didn't even lift her eyes from the book. Roger kissed her cheek like he always did, but for Brian, this send jealousy through him. "Missed me much Roger?" She flipped her page. "You know I always do." He winked, earning a pillow thrown at him by Brian.

"The cheese is in the middle shelf John." John looked over the fridge door and smiled. "You know me to well Mag." She just shook her head and looked up at Brian. "Hi." She smiled sweetly at him.

Brian felt his breath get knocked out by her smile. "Hello Maggie." He answered with a very soft tone. Freddie was to busy looking for something to drink. "I won't tell you where I keep the alcohol so early." The boys all looked at her in shock. "Maggie, it's the evening now." Brian said, pulling the curtains away. "What?"

Maggie shot up and looked outside the window. "No, no, no!" She ran around her flat, picking up stuff and her books. " I have to go, please feel free to stay, but no party Fred." Freddie gave her a soldier salut and went back to finding drinks. "Wait, where are you going?" Roger followed her to the door, Brian right behind him.

"I'm meeting up with William, we are going to the café." She smiled and wrapped her coat around her. "William?" Brian whispered. "Yes. We're in the same class. Got to go." She kissed both of the boys cheek and left. "Go Brian. Tell her how you feel, do it for yourself." Roger pushed him out and Brian ran after her.

"Maggie! Wait!" She turned around and looked at him confused. "I-I, um, I just wanted.. needed.. had to." "Brian, I don't have time for this. William is waiting for me." Brian took a deep breath. "I like- I really like.. you." Maggie stopped breathing for a second, and kept to quiet for Brian's liking. "Please say something Maggie."  Brian felt his breath pick up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." He started to walk back, swearing at himself. "Bri!" He turned around and Maggie ran towards him. And before he could even react, their lips meet. He wrapped his arms around her, deepening the kiss. They pulled away when they needed air.

"I really like you too." She whispered against his lips. "Please don't go on the date with William." Brian said, with a hint of sadness in his voice. "It's not a date Bri. We're working on a project for our class. No need to worry."

The weight on his shoulder disappeared as she spoke. "Thank god." He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I'll be all yours." She kissed his lips again.

"After my study time with William."

Brian smiled and nodded. Because now he didn't have to hurt knowing she wasn't his. "Does that mean your my girl?" Brian stroked her cheek. "Ask me."

"Maggie David, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Even if he already knew the answer, was the question nerve wrecking.

"I'd love to."