john lennon (ii)

Julie was actually pretty nervous about the night. Why? Because John had mostly just seen her at school. He had just seen the school version of Julie. Not the real one.

Julie curled her blonde hair and was dressed in a white dress. Her hands was shaking as she applied some mascara, and she almost poked her eyes at least ten times.

John was almost dying. He hadn't changed for tonight, and was dress in his teddy boy outfit. He slicked his hair back for the hundredth time before leaving his home.

The walk to Julie was shorter then he thought. Or, usually it was longer, but now that he needed more time to prepare himself it took less. He fixed his jacket, taking a breath and knocked on the door.

He could hear the light steps from the inside and the breath was knocked out of him when he saw Julie. "Hel..hell..hello." He stuttered. "Hi John." She smiled, trying to seem as calm as possible. "Ready to go?" Julie nodded, grabbed her purse and shoes, then she grabbed John's hand that was reached out to her.

"I must say, you look absolutely stunning tonight." He said while staring into the air. "You say that to every girl, don't you." She blushed. "No, just you." He squeezed her hand making her look at him.

"Julie. I know I have a reputation around here. And I know what you think of me." He stopped and spun her around so they were face to face. "You do?" She asked, a hint of worry in her voice. "Yes. You look at me and see a player, and boy who just mess around, a troublemaker." John lowered his head, almost ashamed of himself.

"Then you're pretty bad at reading my thoughts." She whispered, lifting his face with her hands. "That's far from what I think of you." A glimpse of hope was in his eyes. "I see John Lennon. A boy full of excitement and adventures. A boy who's just wondering where his life will take him. And that he is willing to do what his life brings." She stroked his cheek.

"Will you be there for him?" John asked. "Hmm?" Julie wasn't sure if she understood the question. "Will you be there for the John Lennon who wants to live an adventure?" He took a step closer. "If he lets me." She whispered back.

Another step closer and John had never been so in love with anyone before. She took a step closer and Julie knew that John wouldn't hurt her. He took the last step and was now close to her lips. "I need you there."

He closed the gap between them, finally tasting her lips. The dinner reservation long forgotten. And if you ask John what the best part was, he would answer the fact that she kissed him back.