keith richards

"You're shutting me out again Keith!" She said against the door, the same door Keith had shut right in front her. "Please Keith." No response from the other side.

Violet slid down against the door, pulling her knees up. She could hear small sobs from Keith. She sighed while playing with the rings on her fingers.

This wasn't the first time Keith shut her out. He did it once in awhile. "Violet? Are you still there?" She could tell he sat on the other side. The same as she did. "Yes Keith. I'm right here."

Again he burst into tears, but he unlocked the door. "Oh no baby." Violet rushed in to hold him. He held onto her for dear life. She stroked his hair, kissed his face, tried his tears and hugged him tight.

Violet knew that it would take him hours before he spoke about his issues. But she waited. She had always waited. She waited for Keith to ask her out, for the first kiss, for the first night together. And she was still waiting for the first L- word.

When Violet finally got him to bed was it around 1 in the morning. Keith hated that Violet stayed up so late with him, she had her own life. "Keith, please try to shut your eyes." She stroked his bear chest.

"They doubt that you'll stay with me." Keith let the words come out as a whisper. "What?" She spoke in the same tone. "People around me don't believe that we'll work." He didn't dare to look at her.

"You don't believe them, do you?" She questioned. Keith held back for a second. He didn't want to trouble her with his thoughts. "Well, you deserve something better than me Vi. Someone who isn't as miserable or unorganized as me."

She wrapped her arms around him, laying her head on his chest. "But that's what I like about you. You don't care what people think of you, or at least didn't care." She kissed his chest, sending shivers down his spine.

"I'm afraid Vi." It was like he stopped breathing for a second. "I'm afraid my love for you isn't enough." There it was. The L-word. And Keith said it first.

"You love me?"

She lifted his head to met his eyes.

"Yes. I love you, Violet."

She kissed him passionately, feeling her heart burst with joy. "Then it shouldn't matter what others think about us. Because we love each other. I love you too Keith."

He felt all his worries vanish from his body and thoughts. The only thing being left on his mind was Violet. His beautiful Violet.