Chapter 12-

2 months later...

Ellie Grace Harnan was born last week and is already in the orphanage. Today was the day of my biological mother's death. She deserves it.

We made it back to Italy. Piper and I share a room and Patrick's on his own. Piper's 16 almost 17. I'm 16. Patrick's 13. We're all homeschooled and life's great. Mom's already trying to get Ellie into our family.

Mom always sends me videos of Ellie. Such a precious little girl. Her eyes were blue, just like her father's, and her hair was blonde. I smiled as I watched the videos over and over again.

At 12 noon, I called my biological mother.

"Ashley," Mom said, I could tell she was crying as soon as she answered. "I knew I shouldn't have done that."

"Then why did you do it?" I was mad.

"Because I was drinking constantly, and smoked lots of things, and that's why you were scared and went with Alex, then my drunk self went and killed his parents, and your father and brother. I would hit Dad, Luke, and you hard, and Ashley Rae, don't ever be so abusive as I was. I understand now you are adopted to a better family because of me, and I miss you so much." I was tearing up when she said that.

"I miss you too," I said, in tears. She regretted being crazy and was trying to apoligize.

"Ashley, no need to cry, I'll be in a safe place, with Dad and Luke. Are things going ok?"

"Yes,"

"Well, good, just remember you're pretty just the way you are and God made you to be like that. I'm sure you're new family loves you and so do I. You and Alex make such a nice couple, and-" Mom was crying. "I love you so much, Ash, and I'm just so sorry for anything and everything I ever did to you or anyone really."

"I love you too," I cried into the table. I heard the guards hang up and take Mom away. That made me cry worse.

"Ashley," My other mom said. "What's wrong?"

"I regretted doing something I shouldn't have done," I said. I wanted to cuddle with Alex.

"That's how you learn, honey," Mom said. I looked out my window into Alex's bedroom window. He smiled and lipped "What's wrong?".

"Now I need some time to relax," Mom said meanwhile.

I could feel it, the ache of regret in my body. I pulled my phone and called Alex.

"Hey," He answered. "What happened?"

"Mom regrets that she hurt me, and now she's going to die,"

"Wow," Alex paused. "I wouldn't trust her if I were you," I looked at him out the window. His gorgeous smile was in use, so was his brown hair and blue eyes.

"I want to trust her," I said back.

"If you do it, you'll regret it, sorry, Ash, I need to go," He hung up. I slammed my phone and continued crying. Mom's gone, could the next person gone be Alex? That could be terrible and disastrous.

I remember the day when he told me that he loved me. I will never forget that. Now it feels as if he'll say that he hates me. My body ached harder thinking about our future breakup.

Piper walked in.

"Hey, sis," She said, ploping on the bed. "How was your day?"

"Bad, terrible, awful," I replied.

"Do you need a spa date? We're leaving in 20 minutes for our manicure, pedicure, massage, and much more fun," I looked at her and smiled.

"I would love one," Piper opened my laptop and played games on it while I was texting Alex.

I saw him in the window, kissing a different girl.

"Piper!" I shouted. "I'll be right back!" I got a jacket on and scrambled over to Alex's house to see him.

"Alexander!" I yelled as soon as I opened his bedroom door.