Chapter 15-

Alex took me home.

"Hi, Mom," I smiled. She looked suspicious. How am I going to tell her that I'm pregnant?

"Where have you been?" I hesitated in shock after she asked that. Should I tell her? or not?

"At the ER," I said.

"For what?" Dad said. "Ashley, don't be ridiculous,"

"I'm pregnant," I said, with a half smile. Both parents hesitated.

"Great, more kids," Dad said.

"Especially since Ellie's coming tomorrow morning," Mom said. I was waiting for them to start screaming at me.

"Ashley Rae!" Mom shouted.

"Alex and I thought we were going to be together forever, so we decided to do it. We both didn't know that we were going to be adopted," I explained.

"Well, that's not good enough!" Dad yelled. "You are not allowed to date until you're 18, because you're pregnant from dating at 15!" I couldn't take it anymore.

I ran up to the bedroom crying and slamming the door. I cried for 3 hours, straight.

"Ashley," Mom said, knocking on the door. "Can I come in?"

I slowly stood up and went to let my mother in.

"Come here, dear," Mom laid on the bed.

"Look," I said.

"No, I have something to add," Mom said. I stared up at her as she paused.

"Your father and I, well," Mom looked at Piper's picture frame. "are getting a divorce," I gasped.

"What, why?"

"But don't worry," Mom said. "Piper, you, Ellie, and I are staying here, your father and Patrick is moving to New York to become an engineer. We're getting it finalized tomorrow."

"Ok," I said. "But I'm sorry,"

"Ashley, I'll be willing to support you even when Alex dies from the tumor, your father , on the other hand, is really angry, but I'm happy for you and Alex,"

"Thanks, Mom," I said. She helped me up and we hugged.

"Just remember, you'll see a little piece of joy tomorrow," She was talking about Ellie.

2 weeks later, Alex died. The last kiss he ever took was on my stomach, where his baby girls were. Yes, I was having twins.

God that day was horrible. I was awake at 2:30 am, anxiously texting Alex. He ended up having a long seizure that took him to the hospital at 12:30 am, though.

I ignored my phone and tried to go back asleep. My phone vibrated. Alex was calling me.

"Hey," I answered in a whisper.

"I need you," Alex said. He was aching.

"Ok," I said. We hung up.

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed. Piper, who was next to me, woke up.

"What's wrong?" Piper said, as I started crying loudly.

"Ashley, Oh My God!" Mom said. She and Dad both went in.

"Alex is dying! Alex is dying!" I couldn't stop panting. "I need to go see him,"

"Ok, we'll take you!" Mom yanked me out of bed and we both walked out to the car and rushed to the nearest hospital.

Mom dropped me off as I scrambled in the hospital door.

"Hi, do you have Alexander Johnton with you right now?" I asked. She looked at me funny.

"E'nel reparto di teripia intensiva ora, che é limitata ai familari solo in questo momento," She was speaking Italian. "Mi Dispiace," I knew some Italian, but didn't understand her.

"Parlo Inglese," I said, which meant, "I speak English,"

"Ok," The woman said. "If you would like to, go sit in the visitor's room,"

"No," I protested. "That's my boyfriend dying and you won't let me go see him,"

"Family ONLY!" The woman argued.

"I'm his family," I protested again. "We lived together for 6 1/2 months in a hotel in Rome, I'm having his child soon, please let me go,"

"No! You're not a family member!" I ignored her and sat down with everybody sleeping surronding me.

I shut my eyes for a little bit and woke up with my phone vibrating. It was Mom.

"Hey," She said. "Still There?"

"Yes," I replied. "I just woke up in the waiting room. Nobody lets me in to see him."

"Well, I'm here at home with Patrick, while he reads his magazines. Dad's at work, and Piper is out on a run. If you need me to come get you, call me, ok?"I nodded my head.

"Ok," I said. We hung up. I put my phone back in my purse as the time read "7:15", yes, it was in the morning. I left my chair and went back to the check in desk. This time it was a different woman I was approaching, black hair and blue eyes.

"Hello," She said.

"I'm wanting to see Alexander Johnton?" I asked.

"He's in room 1012," The clerk said.

"Thank you," I replied. I walked to Alex's room. His door was slightly open. I quietly and slowly opened the door.

Robin, Alex's guardian, laid on his bed, sobbing. I sat next to her and comforted her.

"Ashley," Robin said. "Alex has so many things for you," She handed me a gift bag. I pulled the card out.

"Twins, Just wanted to tell you how much we love you, -Dad," The card said. I was thinking of a name for them. I liked McKenna and McKenzie, Emma and Ellie, Rosalie and Rachel, Brooke and Brianna, Alexandria and Andrea and Taylor and Tamara.

"Good God," Alex said. I looked at him as he was suffering.

"Alex," I said. "What would you like to name your babies?" I told him what I liked before he was here.

"I like McKenna Evelyn and McKenzie Elizabeth Ciarra, if that's what you prefer,"

"I love it," I replied. I held his hand. I thought of the thing I was going to say to him.

"Alexander Matthew Johnton," I hesitated as his bright blue eyes looked at me. "We have been through so much in the many months we have known each other and have been through our ups and downs, but we've treked through it. It's going to be awfully hard without you and when the girls ask you where you are when they are born. Alex, I hope you know that I love you so much and I would do anything in my power to have this tumor not existing. You mean so much to me and I'll always be here with the girls, raising them like how you would want me to," He smiled. I went on his bed and sat next to him.

Alex gently stroked my hair.

"Come here," He said. We kissed.

"I want to talk to the girls," Alex said. I stood up and he kissed my pregnant stomach and laid back where he was.

I sat next to him on the hospital bed as Alex was having his last moments. He put his hand around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder.

"You are my stars," Alex said.

He died after that. I kissed him on his cheek as I got out of the bed. Robin was crying her eyes out.

"Here, take these," I was given a stack of gifts from Alex.

I sat next to his body and opened the presents. There were so many outfits, cradles, care accessories and items for the girls. I also recieved jewelry and gift cards.

I'm so thankful to have this man in my life.