Chapter 7: I need More Power! Griffon spills the secrets right from his beak!

Nightmare encased Y/n into a dome as a sheer amount of dark mana was being seeped, powering Y/n up. As the dome shrank, it then expanded violently and shattered like glass as a knight in Machiavelli's black knight armor stood in front of him. " Oh, so this is your new skill huh? Well then, show me what you've got! " the dullahan said as Nelo Angelo charged in.

Swinging a Zweihänder sword at the dullahan in a downward arc, the knight blocked it and this time, he had to put in effort to block it as the his steel boots scraped the soil. " You've become powerful, I commend you that! " he said as he let his greatsword slip through the Zweihänder and kick him which knocked the Nightmare back.

" Let's settle this. " the distorted voice of Y/n said as he charged up ahead again. The dullahan threw his head up as the two clashed blades. No sparks came up flying this time but eerie sounds came out as the Zweihänder clashed with the greatsword. The two checked their movements, then swung their blades in a savage arc but the dullahan's strike was a feint as Nelo Angelo couldn't stop the swing.

" You're too slow! " the headless knight said as he swung his sword on the stomach area. A clangor of steel came and the Zweihänder was dropped. The adventurers looked in shock in what was happening as the knight raised up his free hand to grab his head. " Huh? " the dullahan let out a foolish sound. Nelo Angelo's right hand that caught the blade glowed bluish as flames surrounded it. He then pushed the blade up and left the dullahan open, giving the armor a strong punch which made the knight be flung 10 meters away from the Dark Angel.

" That was smart... The distance that we were in blocked my sight. Your vitality and strength has improved in exchange of some of your agility. " the dullahan said. The arms of the black angel bled and twitched. ' Damn it! I can't maintain This form much longer. ' Y/n thought as he tried to keep a tight grip with the zweihänder. " I... Verdia, declare you as the second strongest opponent I've ever faced! " Verdia said as he pointed his blade at Nelo Angelo.

" Well then, how about we surpass the first strongest? " Y/n asked as bluish flames engulfed the sword he was holding. He rushed at Verdia and both clashed blades, this time, Y/n overpowered the dullahan and with one upward swing, he disarmed Verdia. " Take this! " Y/n shouted as he slammed the sword in his gut, making an explosion and Verdia was flying away.

" Too bad.... I lost.... " Y/n said in his labored breaths and fell down, reverting back to his normal form as black markings were visible still, mostly on the face but black markings or tattoos were all over the body. His hair was still white, signing Nightmare was lingering still in his body. Verdia rose up as his armor was full of burn marks and almost shattered. " That almost gave me a weak spot... However, without demon blood, you won't be able to maintain that. " Verdia said as he approached Y/n who was lying down the ground, unconscious. " However, rejoice! I won't kill you, honorable fighter! I will let your wounds heal so I can fight you again! " Verdia said as he threw Y/n to the adventurers and landed on Kazuma.

" Listen, puny adventurers. Your wild card cannot be healed by an archpriest, it will damage him. However! If you can find a lich that will help him, his recovery will hasten. Can you find a lich who will help you to heal him before the Crusader's life fades away? Hahahahaha! " Verdia said as he left.

' Damn it! This idiot risked his humanity temporarily and we can't have Aqua heal her! ' Kazuma said as he rushed towards the town. " Hey! Kazuma, wait! Gosh, this NEET is so impatient.... " Aqua said as she looked at Darkness. " Well I guess I'll do a good deed for Y/n's sake. "

" Sacred Break Spell! "

Wiz's Shop
Midday

" Wiz! Wiz! Where are you?! " Kazuma called out as Wiz turned to face him. " Oh, Kazuma-san! What is- What happened to Y/n?! " she said in shock as she approached Y/n. " This idiot risked his life so that he could force Verdia to remove a curse on Darkness! He even said that only liches can save him! " Kazuma said as he let Y/n rest on a chair.