Chapter 19: Dante's- I mean, Y/n's Awakening

" That person, you know her Aqua? " Kazuma asked as Aqua's eyes were filled with fear(mostly PTSD) as she was once scared and threatened by Alicia.

" One and a half year ago.... I still remember it.... I still remember it.... She requested too many wishes and I almost got beaten up if I didn't do anything. She is scary... " Aqua said as she shuddered.

" That arm... How did she get it? " Dante asked as he knew this wasn't the same type as Nero's. " A modified arm made after Devil Bringer.... It functions like one in terms of attacking but....in order for it to grow power, it must absorb a demon's life. What's worse, it can absorb its soul if Alicia deems its powers sufficient to her needs! " Aqua said as she panicked.

" Don't worry about it. Y/n has barely been damaged for the whole time ever since he is using Restraint Level One Release. " Megumin pointed out. " Restraint Levels? " Lady asked.

" Restraint Levels are system restrictions governed by me, Dante, and Wiz. Y/n can freely access from two to one if the situation is deemed dangerous. Level One release grants him access to his demonic power and summon Nightmare but is restricted to Devil Trigger. " Kazuma said. " Level Zero is when he goes all out. He goes all out when the job needs to be done quickly. He is powerful, bar none except for Dante since I haven't seen someone compete with Y/n in that state. " he added.

" Luckily, all it needed was Y/n agreement to do so and a little bit of mana so I agreed to do it. He is afraid of going berserk like he did on the Winter Shogun. Other than that... "

" Vergil? " Lady asked.

" Vergil. " Kazuma and Dante simultaneously said as Lady kept silent.

With Y/n, he broke free from the ice prison as he forced himself out with Beowolf. " That arm.... It's not Devil Bringer... " Y/n said as Alicia nodded. " That's right! Although it functions like that in terms of attacks, I can't use Deadweight's Devil Trigger although.... I can do this! " she said as her Devil Bringer glowed and a large dome of ice covered them.

" It's a good thing I absorbed Fido's soul after he got transported here. " Alicia said as she grinned. " Cerberus?! Wait.... In the novels, it said.... Oh my god. Every demon gets isekai'd or they're using portals. What did you do to good boi Cerberus!? " Y/n said as he panicked.

" Simple, I beat him and retrieved his soul mercilessly. I think I remember how you described me... A Doomslayer in a woman's body? " she said and Y/n just smiled as his eyes turned green. " Let me guess, I'm getting a dose of your medicine too huh? I think it's worth my while to go all out. " Y/n said and then grunted as he rubbed his head.

' N-no... Let me do this... ' Y/n said in his mind as he stood up. " I think it's time we settle this. This time, no more fooling around. " he said as he summoned Force Edge.

" Well then, I guess I'll have to bring you back to your cowardly self then. " Alicia said as she dashed towards Y/n and slammed down her greatsword in an agile motion. The receiving side blocked it and tried to surround her with Mirage Blades.

Y/n jumped back and tried for an attack and was flinched when Alicia quickly charged in and wasn't used to this yet. In this, he was forced to use Quicksilver and dodge back allowing him to trap Alicia into a combo from Beowolf then Force Edge. After throwing her at the edge of the wall, he surrounded her with Mirage Blades from all sides.

Time resumed back to normal as the Mirage Blades fired at full speed. Observing Alicia's reaction on blocking, he had deducted one thing and it was that breaking her armor as Lilith was a very bad idea as she was very quick in reacting to it. ' She had a good idea in blocking the path to Kazuma and Dante to release our restraints. Very clever. Although, our plan is not only besting her in combat. Our plan is the Amulet. ' an unknown voice said in his mind.