Chapter 31: The Start of His Fall From Humanity

Clashing of blades could be heard as Y/n and Alicia fought with each other mercilessly in their human forms. " I am surprised that your swings are now different? What, is Vergil helping you? " she asked taunting him as Y/n slashed at her with a sidewards swing, aiming for the neck which she dodged. " I can see no change in your eyes. It IS your intent... I am pleased. You indeed are growing. " Alicia said and clapped as Y/n was a bit irritated and summoned Nightmare to crush her from behind with his arms.

" I do have that intent, and I am sick and tired of every enemy threatening everyone I cherish. I will stop the world and claim them in my own hands to protect them if I must, even if it means throwing away my whole humanity. " Y/n said, with the darkness of his own determination glinting in his eyes." Well then, let's see how much your intent will last. " Alicia said as she charged towards him, with her dark armor being donned by the help of the shadows.

" That again? You really are dependent on one fighting style are you?! " Y/n shouted as he charged also, changing his Yamato to equipping Beowolf and clashed with the blade using the Light Gauntlets. Clanging could be heard. One, two, three.... Three clangs could be heard every second as the two clashed savage blows and no one was getting hit as they were evenly matched.

Alicia went in for a savage swing and was intercepted with a gut punch which staggered her, and Y/n froze her with a Cursed Crystal Prison. " Burn in hell! Inferno! " Y/n shouted as he he casted a fire spell that threatened to burn Alicia alive. The False Bringer glowed, casting ice spikes which surrounded her.

Flames engulfed and turned the ice into vapor instantaneously as fire spread through some buildings, creating both vapor and smoke to cover Y/n from Alicia's sight. " Tch... Coward, where did you- " Alicia was then cut off when Wrathful Predation was thrown at her and suddenly, the blade went in reverse, taking Alicia off guard as it sliced her armor open. Another blade shot out and it was as if the blades where being controlled by some kind of puppet strings.

' Damn it, it feels so animated like a puppet is being controlled.... and he is leaving dents in my armor... If it ever sips a drop of my blood, it will power up! ' she thought as she was being overwhelmed by the weird pattern of attacks.

Using Farsight, a skill she forced to learn as an Adventurer class, she saw how the blades functioned. Blue strings were attached to each blade to control them. She then dodged the oncoming attacks and grabbed the strings attached to it, trying to drag Y/n with her sheer strength. A sheer amount of bloodlust was sensed as she dragged him roughly.

She ducked out of instinct and sure enough, she would've received a kick from Beowolf's greaves if she didn't dodge. Unfortunately, she had let go of the strings which Y/n took as a chance to wrap her up with strings created from Mirage Creation. He then pulled and dragged Alicia towards him, with no way of dodging as he used a short burst of his Devil Trigger to power up, making sure he was not going to let Alicia go and hit her with Beowolf right in the face.

It hit, and with the combining force of the momentum and his sheer power, a loud cracking sound was heard.

Somewhere outside the town, Megumin opened her eyes as she didn't feel any pain. The Empusas that were going to feast on everyone were frozen to death as Malphas was stabbed in the chest.

" H-how are you.....still alive...you mongrel of a human..... " she spoke slowly as the hooded figure dug the blade even further. " All you killed was an ice clone of myself. You could even see the remains of that clone. Wiz...do it. " Kazuma said as Wiz then walked menacingly towards Malphas and grabbed her by the neck, using Drain Touch to steal the life and mana of the first Malphas, making sure none was left to be transferred to the rest of the trio.

" Sheesh, you really sucked her dry. I pity what happens to- ow! " the hooded figure was cut off as he was bonked in the head. " Now's not the time for jokes Kazuma! I'll leave you three in charge of protecting everyone. I have a score to deal with towards the Poison Slime and the rest of the twins. " Wiz said in a dark tone and turned into lightning chasing after Hans.