001

THE START OF SOMETHING

"come on." 

"come on!"

she subconsciously repeated the statement in her head, getting louder each time as her frustration grew. her panic levels were relatively low in comparison to her rage as she plummeted towards the ground. her right wing flapping frantically as the other struggled to move.

her anger should've been directed to how damaging this fall would be to herself if she were to hit the floor. however she couldn't take her mind off the definite damage the fall would cause towards her score, and the possibility of it ridding of her chances of getting into UA all together.

"come on!" her voice was now aloud, projecting off the fake buildings surrounding her. attempting to get a hold of herself before the ground beneath her did. she was not about to let all her hard work be for nothing. 

she winced as she spread her wings further, hoping the wind would catch underneath them just as she had done in practice, meaning if she did come in contact with the concrete beneath her the damage would only be a fraction of what is could've been.

she arched herself over, moving the surface of her body that was about to make impact. she ached but persevered in order to reduce the damage to her head and upper torso. 

this left only her legs, and now the only thing she could do was hope. and she hated relying on hope. her eyes squeezed shut as she prayed the wind would snatch her body up in the air, she un-tensed as she allowed herself to be one with the air surrounding her.

suddenly, she was shot back up into the air slightly, the wind breaking her fall, slowing her down drastically. she opened her eyes and took sight of the ground approaching, she stretched her legs to touch the floor having let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, grateful she had sustained no bodily injuries just yet. 

but having spoken too soon, she felt the gust of wind slip from beneath her broken wing.

her body was snatched sideways in time with her hitting the floor, her left side suffering the damage as the wind kept her right side angled upward. the rubble grazed her entire left leg from her calf to her upper thigh, followed vey her entire left arm and cheek suffering the same fate.

she rolled to her back and sat up, quickly inspecting her injuries. a sting of pain continued to shoot through her left side as she got a look of the red raw flesh now on display. and although it was painful she wasted no time getting herself off of the ground and brining her wings inward in the hopes of avoiding any further damage

and now she was bound to the ground.

her feet lunged her forward without a second thought, taking large strides sending her into a sprint. blood began to seep down her left side and she could feel the stones wedged into her cuts moving with each step she took.

she had wasted enough time trying to save herself from a fall that she never should've sustained in the first place and was eager to get some last points before the entrance exam was finished. but with each corner she turned all that was revealed was another defeated robot on the floor, pieces scattered across the area. she took this as a sign to run towards the outer edges in the hopes that the ones on the outskirts had been left untouched.

while her wings were of no use, she left as though the wind was on her side finally, carrying her as her strides felt lighter as she moved. each step became faster, further. this was the day she had been working towards her whole life. 

her prediction was almost one hundred percent correct as there was dozens of robots still left, however she could hear someone close who had clearly had the same idea.

she didn't waste a second on looking for whole she was racing against to defeat the leftover robots as she sprung into action. y/n put full focus on the points as the robots dropped in front of her one by one as she made her way around the edge of the arena.

in no time the robots were dropping and her points were growing, not allowing her injured wing to put her at a disadvantage. 

earlier, when the entrance exam had begun and they were both in perfect shape, all she did was push herself off the ground, allowing her wings to pull her through the air to rest behind the head of the obstacle, popping the small plate off the back of their neck and snapping the wires using her heel. 

that was the method she was planning on using until the buzzer rang, but due to a sour run in with the grounds biggest obstacle, the zero pointer, it left her wing in pieces and her plummeting towards the ground.

but her tactics in the early game allowed her to preserve energy, energy she didn't necessarily plan on using, but here she was, running and launching herself at each robot like a manic, making use of her left over stamina.

she was unstoppable, no one could get in her way.

that of course, was true, until she had met with one of the competitors that had made their was around the other edge of the arena, having used the same method as her. and the only thing that stood between them both?

three points.

"this robot is mine!" the other competitor roared, not that she could get a good look but from her guess it was a boy. his voice bouncing off the fake city setting that surrounded them.

she opened her mouth ready to say something witty to push what sounded to be his short fuse to go off but decided against wasting the time and rather taking it to destroy the robot before he got the chance.

"you hear that princess?! mine!" his voice somehow sounded angrier than the previous but she took no notice, only giggling at the nickname he had already given her.

she finally caught sight of him over the shoulder of the robot she now stood on, a blonde with crimson eyes and a scowl staring up as her looking as though he was about to kill her rather than the robot with the sparks erupting from his fingers.

her once e/c iris's bled red as she used her quirk to take control of him, a grin resembling victory slipping across her lips. 

she had gotten him.

her voice was whispered, as she mumbled the words beneath her breath. so quiet she almost hadn't heard herself.

"i wouldn't be so sure of that."