55

regretful decisions.

"this is nice." y/n complemented, inspecting the interior of the small restaurant bakugo had suggested they visit. it being his favourite. " i would have never known you liked spicy foods." the girl giggled at her attempted joke, with her eyes still scanning the red decorative walls.

"tch." he scoffed, taking his eyes off her for the first time since they had entered the restaurant. "so funny."

"don't be so grumpy. is it because you lost?" y/n had a challenging tone, her foot accidentally kicking his leg beneath the table for the size that time.

"stop swinging you legs!" bakugo yelled, many eyes now on them. y/n waved a sorry before turning back to the blonde. "and i'm pretty sure you're the one that lost."

oh my god- don't let that come back.

her ears started to turn a darker shade of pink, which was a signal to bakugo that he had won. getting you embarrassed once again.

"shut up!" it was y/n's turn to shout, the same amount of eyes turning back to the pair. more annoyed than last time. "sorry." she mouthed, waving apologetically once again.

"exactly nerd." bakugo kicked his feet back. getting in the way of y/n's swinging, which finally made her stop. he threw his hands behind his head and rested in them, a small chuckle of relief emerging from his lips. "now pick what you want to eat, i don't have all day."

"i'll have whatever you have." y/n answered, setting the menu down. "i've never been here before, so that's my best bet."

"HEH!" the laugh that came from backup was obnoxious, he knew she wouldn't be able to handle the heat. he contemplated telling her so but soon came up with a better idea. "okay." he answered calmly before she had a chance to question his chuckle of disbelief.

i'm exited to see this.

"two of the regulars please." bakugo ordered, clearly having been here more than y/n would have guessed.

the waiter turned to y/n, "would you like a glass of milk with that ma'am?" bakugo internally laughed, the waiter even knew.

"no she won't." bakugo answered for her, giving her not a moment to reply herself. "thanks."

"i don't even have a drink now bakugo!" she complained, bakugo scoffed at her protests.

"we get a jug of water, calm down nerd." bakugo shushed, still kicking back in his chair. "now stop complaining."

"ugh." y/n huffed, mimicking bakugo's position. maybe it was a mistake ordering the same as bakugo. she thought to herself, she started to regret her decision.

both sat in silence as they waited for their food to come. in y/n's mind she was re-thinking her decisions while all bakugo was thinking about was her face when she realises...

"bakugo i might not-"

"no! you're eating it!" he cut her off abruptly, not allowing her to slip out of the situation without consequences. "i've payed for this! you'll eat it!"

y/n sighed. i've got no choice.

bakugo began to get inpatient, tapping his foot on the floor aggressive and lifting his finger up and down on the table. his stomach growled, to which he copied with his mouth.

"why is this taking so-"

"here is your food." the sounds of plates hitting wood made bakugo's eyes flick towards the noise. "are you sure you don't want a drink ma'am?"

"i told you already! no!" he was getting annoyed, having already answered that question for the waiter earlier.

not wanting conflict, the waiter nodded and walked off, out of sight. y/n snapped towards bakugo with an angry expression.

"stop shouting!"

"you're shouting!"

y/n and katsuki now looked at the identical bowls in front of them. y/n had fear in her eyes while drool might have well been dripping from bakugo's mouth.

quicker than humanly possible, bakugo began to gulp down the food in large chucks, not showing any sign of pain caused by the heat.

it reassured y/n. to which she tucked in on her own food. and after the first gulp.

she regretted it.