Prologue

"Is that all you got? I thought this was a gang for fucks sake." Me and my fat mouth caused me to get two more punches to my gut "oh fuck."

"Shut the hell up and leave, you have one year to complete your senior year then you're out, got it? After your year is over I want you the hell out of California, don't leave your mark do your year and leave without being seen, I love you Faith but you're out."

I was kicked to the cold ground and looked up at the people who used to be my sanctuary, they towered over me with a pitying look on their faces that made me feel even sicker, I don't need their pity. They made me do this. 

Pain seared all along my side but I kept my mouth shut not wanting to give them the satisfaction of causing me pain.

"Oh, fuck off you piece of shit!"

The foul taste of copper and the smell of sweat got caught in my lungs as I tried to breathe out, I couldn't think of anything else in my life I regretted more than letting myself become part of a gang.

"I gave you everything and you best not fucking forget that."

I shouted out one last time before hauling myself out of the building and with that, I walked out not looking back.

Rule number one, never look back.

I got in my car and drove the hell out of there. I was so glad I could leave, just one year until that can happen, don't make a mark get in and out without being seen or else I may think twice about leaving which is the last thing I want.

I could do this, it's want mom would have wanted and the whole gang knows that which is why they're allowing me to leave so early.

Oh well fuck them all, fuck the world.