Chapter 13

"Holy fuck." You have got to be kidding me.

 Last night I went into the city to meet up with some old gang members and as I was walking to my car they corner me in an alleyway and pull a fucking gun on me.

 Because apparently, I'm a threat to them all because I asked if I could keep in contact with my fucking friends.

 Which they said no to all because they could, there was no reason for me to not be allowed to talk to anyone that I met this year but I guess karma really is a bitch.

They snuck up on me and beat me up. Those fuckers couldn't even handle me so they had to hit me when I wasn't looking.

 After they beat the shit out of me they left me in the middle of a sidewalk for someone to find me and then I got sent to a hospital because I was unconscious.

 When I woke up in the hospital I snuck out because they would call the police if they saw what happened to me so I ran to my car and drove back home at three in the morning,

 but to top it all off I fell asleep on my bedroom floor just to add to the pain that was already inflicted on me.

Hence the fact that I just woke up on my hardwood floor not being able to breathe or move. It was one in the afternoon on a Friday so I guess I was skipping school today. 

I slowly made my way over to the bathroom, I lifted up the front of my flimsy shirt and looked up in the mirror.

 There were purple and black bruises spread out all over my ribs and back, my lip was busted and I had a faint black eye on the left side of my face,

 I looked like shit to put it nicely.

I opened the cabinet keeping my eyes closed not wanting to look at the other types of pills, 

I took out two painkillers and slammed the door closed hearing the door rattling shaking my body.

 My head was pounding and my mind never left the pain I was feeling, I got into the shower and watched the red colour run into the drain losing its colour as I stayed under the water letting it relax my muscles.

I stayed in the shower for an hour trying not to let myself fall asleep or faint, I would not allow myself to shed a tear over something this stupid.

 I brought this upon myself and now I was just paying the price.

Changing into shorts and a sweatshirt I turned on my phone and saw I had many missed calls and texts from the group chat, Vi and Beca.

 I quickly texted them back saying I was sick, I felt bad for lying but I felt even worse because I lied to them without any hesitation.

They were my best friends and I just lied to them like it was nothing, 

was I doing the right thing trying to keep them away from everything? Was it hurting me more than it would hurt them?

Vi texted me an hour ago saying they would all come over after school. They would be here in five minutes and I still hadn't moved from my spot on the floor, 

I was in so much pain it hurt to breathe but I needed to cover up the visible bruises on my face and put on a long sleeve shirt so my knuckles could be covered. 

At least I can be proud to say that the other guys looked much worse than I did.

I slowly laid myself on the couch just in time for my front door to be slammed opened and a raging Vi and Beca stormed in. 

"Why the fuck didn't you text us?"

 Alex and Oli followed them coming through the front door, "I was asleep until twelve and I didn't see your texts" Seb and TJ walked in finally and shut the front door, "fine I'll take it but never do that to us again."