Moving To NYC

August 2019 New York City

Summer POV

My plane just landed

My plane just landed. Here I 'am in New York City moving in with my brother Austin and his girlfriend Dr. Britt Baker. Born and raised in Orlando, Florida. Its my Junior year in High school, moving into another state.

I went to baggage claim to grab my big Silver luggage.

I heard NYC has a lot of cool and wonderful opportunities. I'm willing to find out what this city have in store.

"I'm just in time am I?" a familiar voice said behind me. I turned around>>>>>>its my brother Austin Jenkins. NYPD Detective for 2 years. Been Orlando PD for 5 years.

Austin is pretty HIGH strong. He is a father figure with me and my sister Kia.

I turned around; smiles, "Hey bro"

"Hey little sis"

We embraced. "I miss you so much"

"I miss you too"

"Welcome to New York City Summer"

"Thanks for the WARM welcome bro but I've been here before"

He looks curious, "You have?"

"Uh...yeah. 2 years ago. We came out here for Christmas. Macy's Day Parade?"

"Oh damn. (chuckled) I forgot. That's right"

"Now you remember"

"Come on, let's go" he said taking my luggage and we went out the double doors.

Blue Dodge Challenger (2017)

"This is a nice car bro" I said looking around

"Thanks. I just complete the payment on it. I'm planning on getting the 2019 model"

"That's cool Austin. How does Britt feel about it?" I asked him as I looked into my phone

"Its her idea. She's cool with it"

"Awesome"

My phone began to {{{{Vibrate}}}}>>>>>MARY JENKINS

"Its mom" I said; answer it; smiles, "Hey mom"

"Hey sweetie. You've made it there"

"Yes. I'm in Austin's really cool 007 car"

Austin glanced at me smiling; shaking his head

"Oh wow. Well, I'm not going to hold you. You call me later when you settled in"

"Okay. Love you mom"

"Love you too. Tell Austin and Kia I love them too"

"Ok" *click* "Mom says she loves you"

"Aww....I love her too"

"And (rolled eyes) Kia as well"

"Hey, I know Kia hasn't been around the family in months but she's trying. She's even coming around when Britt and I have dinner on the weekend"

"Good for her" I said with a little bit of an attitude

"Summer. Give her a chance okay? Be nice"

I looked down at my phone, "Okay bro. I'll try"

"Thank you"

10 minutes later....

Austin and I arrived at the house in Manhattan, NY

He grab my luggage out the trunk, "The rest of your stuff will be here within a few days okay?"

"Okay"

He opened the door>>>>>>>we went inside; still look the same. Some things have changed. And upgraded. He close the door.

"Still looks the same"

"Yeah. Britt made some changes. Come on, I'll show you your room"

We went upstairs and went towards the right. He opened the door>>>>>>I went in. It's a nice size room. Window on the right. Bathroom on the left.

I walked in the middle; smiling, "I love it"

"I'm glad you did" he said with a smile. "We renovated this room to make it bigger and made a bathroom"

"My own bathroom excellent!" I said; feeling excited. Running in there. It looks so beautiful! Lots of space! I love how the tub looks, the shower. A private door to the toilet.

Austin steps in....steps in the doorway smiling folding his arms

"I love it Austin. Thank you"

"Your welcome. Anything for my little sis"

We embrace. I'm feeling good about being here. Yup, this is the beginning.