Close Call

At the Manhattan Hospital

Summer is in the ER getting checked on. Dr. Carlise Cullen is stitching up her left arm. She has a white bandage on her forehead.

"Close call. Glad your okay" he said (smile)

She smile, "Thanks. It was strange that Edward was there to get me out the way so quickly"

"He did run for track a few years back"

"Really? He never told me that"

"Edward is pretty shy when it comes to conversations"

"That is true" "Ouch"

"Sorr...."

Suddenly....the stitches of her left arm comes out. The cut HEALS. She gasp. "What is happening? What kind of stitching was that?"

"I....I don't know. Your arm just heals on its own" "That's very strange"

"It is"

"Let's take off the bandage from your forehead" he slowly takes it off. The bruise is gone. "Its gone"

"WHAT?"

He gives her a small mirror and she looks in it. She shakes her head, "What is happening to me?"

"Your special Summer. Listen, could you stay in the hospital for a couple of hours. I want to run some tests"

"Sure. Whatever it takes"

Austin runs in, "Summer!"

"Austin"

They embraced. He kissed her on the forehead, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"No. I'm fine. Thanks to Edward"

"Edward? Who's he?"

"He's my son. Hi. Dr. Carlise Cullen" he put out his hand; Austin shakes it.

"Hi. I'm Detective Austin Jenkins. Summer's brother"

"Nice to meet you. I'm going to run some tests on Summer. Just to make sure everything is alright"

"But she said she was. You said you were right?"

"I 'am but its just a precaution Austin"

"(sigh) Okay. Let's do it"

"Alright. Just give me a few seconds"

"Sure" he said. Carlise leaves the ER room.

Summer's 4 friends walk towards her

"Summer. Thank God your okay" Emilia said embraced her. The rest of them hug her.

"I'm fine guys. Thanks for coming" she said smiling

"No problem" Scott said

"You guys remember my brother"

"Hey gang" Austin said

They said HI. Sam walks through the double doors. Ashley rolled her eyes.

"Hey. Summer are you okay?" Sam asked feeling concerned.

Austin feels pissed, "You son of a bitch" he walks up to him quickly and PUNCH him!

"Austin stop!" Summer shouted

"You've could have KILLED my sister you bastard!" Austin started punching him. Carlise came through those doors and hold back Jenkins.

"Detective enough!"

"Let me GO! I'm gonna kill him!"

"You don't have to! Your sister is fine. Calm down"

Sam slowly stands up with a bloody nose and busted lip. Ashley walks up to him with tears. Carlise let go of Austin.

"I'm sorry. About everything. Ash I promise I'll do better"

"You've always promise to do the right thing when you don't Sam. And I 'am sick of it. (tears) I'm gonna stay with Em through out the school year. I'm ashamed that your my brother. Your dead to me"

Austin looks surprised. Brother? he thought to himself

She walks out crying. Scott goes after her.

"Let's go get that taken care of Sam. Come on" Carlise said. "Summer, I'll be back for you"

"Okay"

He follows the doctor out the door down the hallway. "Em, let's uh grab something from the cafeteria" Jake replied

"Good idea. We'll be back soon" Emilia said

"Alright. Take your time" Summer said

Emilia and Jake walks out the ER room. Austin walks up to his sister, "I'm sorry Summer. I just lost it. I would NEVER forgive myself if anything would have happened to you or Kia"

"I get it bro. But....from what I saw, you scared me. You could of KILLED him"

"I know. I'm sorry I scared you. I love you"

"I love you too"

They embrace each other. "I promise I won't scare you again. Okay?"

"Okay"

Summer wanted to tell her brother of what's happening to her but she can't. She wouldn't know how he would react.

"I'm a go get some fresh air. I'll be back" he said

"Ok"

Austin walks out the double doors and turned to the left going out the exit.

"Are you trying to tell us that she's not human?" Rosaile asked

"She is human. But something else is going on. I need to go into her file and see what else I can dig up. Summer is special"

"Pfft....I don't see anything special about her" Rosaile said with attitude folding her arms

"Jealous?" Edward asked

"Shut up Edward. Your just saying that because you like her" she said

"I don't know if I do like her"

"Pipe down you two"

They stop talking and turned around. Summer looks at them; she looks at Edward, "Can I speak to you?"

Edward walks over. Rosaile and Carlise walks away.

"What is it?"

"How did you get over to me so fast?" she asked him.

"I was standing next to you"

"No you weren't"

"Yes I was. You don't remember because you passed out"

"Bull shit. I remember you stopping the car with your hand"

"You sound impossible. Like that ever happen"

"I know what I saw. Why are you denying it?"

"Because it never happen. You should get some rest" he said walking away.