4: Getting To Know You

"Now you be a good boy for Nannie and Pops Freddie.  I'm going to miss you so much my little
man. Call me everyday," Lucie said, hugging her son tightly. 

"Let me go Mummy!" he laughed. Reluctantly, Lucie loosened her grip.  The blonde boy ran off into the front garden. 

"He'll be fine Lucie," her mother reassured her as they followed Freddie outside.

"I know he will Mum. I'm just going to miss him so much."

"Just enjoy the peace and quiet while you can," Julia laughed.

Lucie picked her son up and carried him to the Red Ford Focus parked at the kerb. She strapped him into his seat and kissed his cheek.

"Love you Freddie," she said.

"I love you more Mummy," he replied.

"Ring me as soon as you get there," she told her mother.

"Stop fussing. I will ring or text. You get yourself to bed for a few hours. You look tired. Late night at the hotel? Or were you up at stupid o'clock again for the sunrise?"

"You know me too well Mum."

"I ought to after all these years," Julia replied.   Lucie hugged her mother tightly.

"Have a great time. Love you Mum."

"Love you too Lucie Lou."  Her min climbed into the car.

Lucie stood back as the car pulled away. She waved until they were out of sight. 

She sighed before turning around and heading back inside. Her mum took Freddie away every summer but it never got any easier. He'd been her everything for so long. It was only a week but it felt like forever.

Usually she'd make use of the time and catch up in the garden or just work extra hours. This time however she had something different to do. She was due to pick Sebastian up in an hours time.

She felt a spark of excitement shoot through her. Why was she so excited? She'd never felt excitement about any man since Callum had died. She quickly jumped in the shower to freshen up. It was another hot and sticky day. Thunderstorms were forecast for later, hopefully that would clear the air a bit.

After her shower she rummaged through her wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear. She wanted to look good but not too over the top for a drive around the island. In the end she decided on a short denim skirt and a pale yellow cami. Casual and comfortable. She brushed her hair and left it hanging loose, the sun would soon dry it. She applied minimal makeup. Finally she slipped a pair of sandals on and put on her sunglasses.

She had ten minutes to spare so she poured herself a glass of apple juice. Then she started panicking. What was she doing? What was Sebastian expecting from her? She didn't even know what she was willing to give him. She'd never even thought of going all the way with a man since Callum. Why couldn't she stop thinking of doing it with this stranger?

She told herself off. Sebastian probably didn't even want to take her to bed. She was getting way ahead of herself. But what if he did? Calm down Lucie, she told herself. Just go with the flow. What if he was a serial killer or something? Was she being careless meeting him? She quickly tapped out a text to Joel.

Lucie: Going out with a man. Panicking. His name is Sebastian. He's staying at the Hunt sisters' B&B. Don't know what I'm doing. Joel, am I crazy?

She received a text back within two minutes.

Joel: About bloody time. Enjoy yourself. Shag his brains out if you feel the urge but remember protection! Don't feel bad. You're young and you have needs. Enjoy it, and if the sex sucks, remember you'll probably never see him again after his holiday. Love you chick x