Chapter 11: A birthday to remember

Hey! 🤙

Now that we are here and you all are reading!
Thank you for everything!!!

Reads, votes and comments.

There is a little of kissing and stuff at the end. No details. Like I said, I don't do R rated stuff!!

I hope you have a great day!

Peace until the end✌️

...

Emily's POV~

Three days more till that day. My birthday. His too.

He wants to celebrate and I want to just lock myself inside my room and never leave. My birthday never meant anything to me. For my birthday I'd like to just sit in a corner and drown myself in a romance or fictional book. Read all day with a caramel frappe from McDonald's and the smell of rain and the sound of thunder.

That's my dream birthday. Sadly...I never had peace.

My mother was always busy with her own stuff a d my dad was a drunk. Who never had time to be with his family. I was always in some friend's house trying to keep going.

Sadly, I tried to kill myself at the age of sixteen.

I had therapy for a year or so then the kind Martin helped me out.

I knew I could never do that to myself again. Martin literally glued that to my mind. I haven't tried to hurt mysf since the age of sixteen.

My dad of course didn't care and my mom still had work after I was healed. Or as much a person can heal. But when you try to kill yourself a part of you dies with it. Like you humanity. It's like as if you are a murderer.

You almost killed a person. But it was me that I killed. I don't get to go to court or trial. I just get therapy.

It's wrong to think I should be in jail. But I wasn't mentally stable. I shouldn't go to jail because of that.

Martin was with me till the end. Until I got married to him at eighteen. I didn't know how to live. Those two years of my life were the best years. But after my mother's death be drifted away.

I could feel it. I saw the monster stir behind those hazelnut eyes. I saw his dark circles that turned into bruises. I felt his cold side of the bed every night and every morning.

And after he started raising his hand.

I hated myself for not seeing it before or helping him. I felt him mentally leave me. Emotionally ignore me. And I physically left him.

I feel partly guilty for what he has become. But I don't know why he has.

He never shares.

He's like a closed off human being.

Is it weird that some small part of me still cares for him? Maybe even loves him.

I did marry the love of my life, but I left a monster...

A monster I still love.