Lullaby

a/n: this is from my au

Ship: None

Type: Angst|Fluff|Profanity|Kinda crappy|Rushed

Requested By: No one

Plot: River goes to Dhalia's room to talk to her which ends up in a big fight about the past.
_______________________________

Dhalia's POV:

It had been a couple of months since I came to camp. It had been a weird couple of months, I had met some intriguing people, like Cal, Teras, Xylo, Nad, and a bunch of other people. They were all cool, but really weird.

Recently, my dad and my papa had come to camp to visit. My dad had probably heard of the return of the Seductive Rose. Honestly, that's probably the only reason why he came to camp. I'm not saying he doesn't care about me or anything, but he just doesn't show it as often. And we have had some problems in the past so I wasn't really happy with him at the moment.

I was currently sitting at my dresser and was using my make-up wipes to remove my make-up. I didn't have much on, but I still didn't want make-up on my pillowcases. They were a burden to clean off.

I started taking off my earrings when I heard a knocking at my door. " Dhalia? Are you inside?" I heard my dad, River's voice coming from the door. " Yes, I'm awake. The door's unlocked." I said not looking at the door.

I saw the door open in the reflection of the mirror. My vanity was facing towards the door. " Are you decent?" He asked. I looked up in the reflection, he had his hands covering his eyes. I tried my best to hold in my laugh. I looked back at myself in the mirror, " Why don't you open your eyes and find out?" I snarked. I took off both my earrings and then looked back up at my dad in the reflection. His hand was down by his side and he was giving a serious look.

" Don't be sassing me, young lady," He said, walking over to my bed. I looked back at myself in the mirror and began to undo my necklace. " I wasn't sassing you, just giving you a piece of advice. You should listen to me more next time." I said with a smirk. He sighed.

" You know, I came in here to talk but if you want me to leave- " I turned around to face him.

" No! It's not that, it's just..." Silence creeped in.

" It's just...a lot of stuff has been happening recently," I said, turning back to my vanity.

" Well, what stuff?" He asked. I sighed before explaining, " Well, at the first Atlantis meeting, the 'gods' spoke through King Mitch and apparently gave us a prophecy which I do not trust and neither do several other people..." I took another breath before continuing, " Also there are two children who came from the future, which is in total distraught by the way. Um...the seductive rose is back, which is why I'm assuming you're here for, I heard some rumors that the Seductive Rose has a brother, a guy named Mors is attacking people for probably no reason, my best friend is in love with someone and vice versa with the other person but for some reason they're being stupid with each other and it's making me really frustrated, and....I think that's it really," I said, finally taking off my other pieces of jewerly and turning to face him.

He looked at me with a slightly shocked face. " Wow, that's um....that's a lot..." He said, nervously patting his legs. " I mean, it is Camp Oasis. What did you expect?" I turned back towards my vanity.

" Yeah right....um, what did you mean by 'that's why I came here?' " He asked. I turned back towards him. " What?"

" You mentioned that the Seductive Rose was back and then you said that's the only reason why I came to camp."

" Well, I never said that-"

" Dhalia." He said in a serious tone. I huffed in annoyance and looked back at my mirror. I rested my chin on my hands. " Dhalia, do you think I don't care about you?"

" It's more like sometimes you don't act like you do." I said, rolling my pencil back and forth.

" How do I-....is this because I never told you about your sister?" He asked. I slammed the desk and stood up, " She has a goddamn name, you know!" I yelled.

" Hey, watch your language!" He snapped back.

" Watch my language? I'll cuss if I freaking want to! And it's not like I didn't care about my kids or anything."

" Hey, I did care about Snowbelle. It's just she- "

" Wow! Good job! It's the first time you've said her name in about like, what? Five years?! Great job," I said sarcastically while clapping my hands. He stood there with a pissed-off look on his face.

" Look, the only reason that I'm bringing this up, is that I've been asking the same question for five years. Five years! Why do you think I came to camp? Like I told you, this is the only way I can actually get answers. Papa's always scared to tell me how she died because you're always around when I ask. And if anything, I-...." I cut myself off. I couldn't dare finish that sentence.

" If anything, you what?" He asked.

" Nothing, nevermind." I turned away and placed my hands on my vanity. He started to talk but instead he sighed. I heard the creaking of the bed. " Look, I know it's been hard for you these past few years and believe me I get it. But....don't forget I went through some stuff too. You weren't the only one who lost a sister....I lost a daughter." I looked back at him.

" Your sister was my everything. I mean, so was Elio but she...she was the best thing that ever happened to me." I stood there in shock, this was the most he had ever talked about her. Out of nowhere, lightning struck. I flinched at the loud sound of thunder. He chuckled. " You know, Snowbelle had the same reaction to lightning, except she was more scared."

" R..really?" I said, clearing my throat. I sat down next to him. He hummed in agreement. A small smile crept onto his face. He looked down at the floor.

" She used to hide underneath the blankets on the couch when she stayed at Elio's apartment. And whenever I would go to take the covers off of her, she would grasp onto me so tightly like she was scared to let go," He said, chuckling. The smile on his face soon faded. I thought back to when I was scared.

" My mom used to sing to me when I was scared." He looked over at me.

" Did she? What songs did she sing?" He asked.

" She only used to sing one, but I loved it so much I didn't mind." I thought for a moment.

" It used to go like..."

" I like that one."

" Yeah, I did too. What did you sing to her?" I said, wiping away a tear. He looked away for a moment.

Insert song

3rd POV:

River looked to his side and saw Dhalia leaning against his shoulder. He chuckled and pulled her closer to him.

Outside the cabin, watching in the window, Elio and Inpu both stood there. Inpu cussed to himself and hung his head low. " Yes!" Elio whispered-shouted. He put his hand out to Inpu. With his head still hung low, grabbed $20 and gave it to Elio.

Word Count: 1287