Christmas Special {OoO}

3rd POV:

A couple of days before Christmas and everyone in Camp Oasis was decorating the camp. Most of the trees were covered in bright, white lights. Everyone was busy making more decorations to decorate the camp with. Most of the campers were hanging around the picnic benches around the fire. Teras, Dina, and Danny were sitting on one of the picnic benches making paper chains of people to hang on the trees and the halls.

Kaiba and Ashara were hanging out while Brinley was desperately trying to get them under a mistletoe with Ivy’s help while Cal was trying to stop them.

Solis was in the kitchen, trying to teach the Brypu kids how to make cookies with Inpu on standby. The oven only caught on fire once and Inpu had to put it out.

Dan and Dranne were reading a cookbook at one of the tables trying to figure out what delicious desserts to make.

Meanwhile, Dhalia was leaning against a tree near Roja while he was writing in his journal. Bryan saw her from and decided to walk over to her. “Hey, Dhalia.” He greeted her. Dhalia looked in his direction. “Hey, Bryan.”

“What’s with the long face? It’s christmas!”

“Yeah…”

“What’s wrong? Don’t you have people to celebrate it with?”

“I do…somewhat.”

“What do you mean?”

“I just…” She says, sliding down the tree and sits on the ground. “I sent a letter out to my dads two days ago.”

“Oh, Jakey-or River. How’s he doing?” He said, sliding down next to her.

“Good, I guess.”

“You guess.”

“He’s been super busy lately, which leads back to what I was talking about. The letter I sent out to them was to ask them if they’d be coming this Christmas…yesterday, I got a letter back from them.”

“Ooh! What’d they say?” Bryan said, scooting closer. Dhalia was silent for a moment before she sighed. “He said…they wouldn’t be able to make it.”

“They-...they what?”

“He said they wouldn’t be able to make it. He said that he had ‘kingly duties’ that needed to be done and he had several meetings that were scheduled for the week of christmas.”

“Oh, Dhalia, I’m so sorry.” Bryan said, giving her a side hug. Roja’s ears flattened. He was sitting on the picnic bench near her with his back to her. But he could still hear their conversation.

“It doesn’t matter right now. I don’t even know why I-...I-..I guess I just…had hope that they would come but,” She shrugged. “What’s even the point of celebrating if I don’t have any family to spend it with…?”

“Don’t be like that!...you have family, you have us!”

“Yeah…but it’s not the same thing. I…I shouldn’t even celebrate christmas.”

This made Roja’s tail stiffen. “Dhalia…” He looked to the side and saw Dhalia walking away. He looked back down at his notebook, at the poem he was writing. A sudden idea popped into his head and a determined look grew onto his face. He flipped to the next blank page of his book and started writing.

Dhalia POV:

It was the next day and I was somewhat sleeping in my bed. I hadn’t really come out of my cabin after what happened yesterday with my conversation with Bryan. I honestly didn’t feel like coming out.