Teaser:

I noticed that there seemed to be a commotion happening towards the bottom of my work building, the distant sounds of people yelling and chanting became obvious as the silence continued to stretch through my office space. Instead of ignoring it, I decided that being nosy was my life's goal and therefore I dropped my pen and immediately went to my window so I could look down at the street. 

When I saw what was happening, all I could think of was "What the Fuck?" as I took in the image of a man in a comic-con-looking costume leading a group of people who seemed to be in sync as they followed behind. 

"Uhhhh, Rachel? Are you- oh you are." I heard from behind me as my office door opened and my boss peeked in. "I have no idea what's happening down there - what kind of Comic-Con is happening this time of the year?" They question as they join me at my side. 

"None." I immediately answered, scratching my head. I feel my butt vibrate as my phone dinged in response to me getting a text message. Opening the little app I see that Annie, my best friend, had texted me. 

"OMG THERE'S A CELEBRITY IN FRONT OF YOUR BUILDING." Her first text said which made me frown in distrust. "THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!" She continues to yell. "RACHEL, HE WAS IN MARVEL MOVIES!!" I gained a feeling in my gut that could only be described as pure anxiety as I read her messages. Things had been so wrong and weird since she had 'come back' from the MCU and this instance did not seem to be normal. 

"Uh, I'm beginning to not feel very well," I mention lightly to my boss as a sudden feeling of faintness covers my eyes. "Can I go home?" I ask. My boss, Alex runs a hand through their short hair and shrugs. 

"You've been working hard and I doubt this is just going to be a distraction. Feel free, just work back tomorrow an extra hour if you can." I have always been thankful for my boss who has always treated me like this, and grab my laptop before rushing over to my elevator. 

Why did this shit have to happen to me? All the time - first I get turned into a cat, now I'm being seemingly stalked by well-known figures who seem to completely disappear when I go to confront them. IS THIS AN AVENGERS LEVEL THREAT??? SHOULD I USE THE REMOTE??

I exit my building and view the group of people who had marched all the way to the end of the block. Suddenly, my blood turns to ice as I make eye contact with the familiar man standing above the rest of the crowd. He had an evil glint in his eyes as he winked and turned around, walking off with his posse following. 

Oh boy. 

It's an Avengers level threat, alright.