Chapter 2

Don't ask me where I've been, I have zero excuses. Finished my degree though lmao. Enjoy the chapter :)

Running my hands through my short hair, I finished up signing a few documents that had been sent up to me in order to finish up for the day. The sun was slowly beginning to go down and hues of yellow and orange began to enter my office from behind me.

"Stupid, Anthony you are so stupid." I whisper to myself angrily as I read through his work that was supposed to be finalized. Wrong information, spelling errors galore, this guy is an idiot. Anthony could be so smart when he tried, this was obviously a report written while he was either drunk or tired sometime within the past few days with no time to edit. "Fuck this, he can re-do it and submit it to Alex himself." I huff, throwing the pen onto my desk before packing my laptop back into my bag and stepping out of my office. I grab the manila folders for Alex, placing it in her tray before heading over to Anthony's empty desk. I grab a piece of white paper and placed it on top of his report before using a red pen to write 'REDO' on it so he could get started next Monday.

"Finally off?" I hear Andre, one of the night security guards, question as I walk over to the elevator.

"Yep, ready to go and enjoy my weekend. How's Jazz?" I ask him, seeing the guy smile at the sound of his wife who literally could not be any prettier and nicer to me every time I saw her.

"Still as beautiful as always," He laughs, rubbing his hands through some of his locks. "Have a good night, Rachel."

"You too, Andre." I return, heading into the elevator and making my way to the bottom floor. I was still uneasy after the weird incident from earlier today and as soon as I stepped outside my eyes were on the table across the street. Despite all the other tables and chairs being stacked up for closing, the single table I saw the blonde guy sitting at was still centred perfectly across the street directly ahead of me. It was anxiety inducing and I immediately turned and began walking away from the scene.

Nope, not happening.

White people always fucking die with shit like this WELL NOT TO ME BITCH!

Rushing home, I usually stopped to buy groceries for the weekend, but I ditched all of that and walked straight to my apartment block. I can get food delivered and survive off canned tuna and instant noodles, I don't want to be outside more than I have to in this mindset.

"Watch it," I get bumped back as someone rams their shoulder into mine, but I felt my eyes widen as I stared into the eyes of... Tony Stark? Robert Downey Jr? IRONMAN? He continues on without looking back, and I stood I the middle of the walkway in front of other people trying to walk.

"What the fuck?" I say out loud, horrified. Thor and now Ironman?

"Can you move?" I heard another woman complain, and I shake myself out of it so I could keep walking.

What on earth was happening? Are these the actual celebrities or am I just getting stalked by imaginary people like Bella Swan in her depression arc. God, this could not get any worse. WAIT NO, I JUST JINXED IT – GOD IT'S GOING TO GET WORSE.

I reached my apartment building and headed straight up to my floor before opening up my front door and slamming it behind me. I made sure to lock it and secure the chain before stepping away and simply standing there feeling my heart beat furiously in my chest.

"Okay, ugh Chris Hemsworth isn't in America. Where is Robert Downey Jr. Maybe it was an old article and they're here! Doing press for something. Where is RDJ?" I immediately pull out my phone and begin typing in his name before following the link to his twitter. My gut twists as I see the most recent tweet from his profile, knowing that I may actually be going crazy.

"Come and listen to the podcast I'll be speaking on, this morning at 11am."

Of course, on a podcast that's run by some environment company over in California. Why am I casually seeing Marvel characters around me when they aren't actually even in the state? What kind of wack ass magic is this and why is it happening to me?

Of course, I do know why its happening. Like, the universe has some sort of sick fantasy of wanting to watch me squirm considering it TURNED ME INTO A CAT, MADE ME GROW FEELINGS FOR A FAKE MAN AND IS NOW MESSING WITH MY BRAIN!!!!!

Okay, step one. Figure out exactly what's happening. Tomorrow, I will wake up, I will go any do some grocery shopping and I will keep an eye out for ANYONE who even glances in my direction. If I even FEEL an eye land on me, I will immediately retreat and then I guess I'll figure out what step 2 will be.

Rubbing my forehead with stress, I glance over at my desk that I knew a small remote was sitting within, would it be smart to ask them for help? I'm not some dumbass in a horror movie who pretends nothing Is happening; there is obviously something brewing but I didn't know if it was big enough to contact another dimension for yet. Maybe that will be step 2?

Until then, I decided to end the night watching Netflix, eating some instant noodles, and drinking about 6 glasses of bourbon and coke.