Human Trials - Part 2

"Got it," Raven said as they finished explaining their plans. "I'll handle it." Alia smiled at Raven as she walked away before turning to Bellamy.

"Alia-"

"I'm coming," she said before he could say anything else. "You're not going to convince me otherwise."

"Your leg-"

"Is fine. Bell, I just got you back. I thought you were dead. I'm not letting you out of my sight."

He gave a small chuckle, smiling. "Good. I wasn't planning on it either."

"You were gonna let me come?" she asked doubtfully.

"No. I was gonna try to talk you out of it, but I knew I wouldn't be able to. You've changed, you know."

"What do you mean?"

"You were never super shy, but you weren't out there either on the Ark. Now, you're bold and you let that sass out more."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No," he smiled, kissing her quickly. "Not at all."

***

"Scored you a couple extra clips," Raven said as she sat the bag down.

"Hey," Clarke greeted as she walked over to them where they hid behind a part of the Ark. "My mom's in surgery and the team going after Kane just left. We should too."

"Did you find Octavia?"

"No. I found you. I'm not letting you leave here without me."

"Octavia-"

"Finn and Murphy are headed for Lincoln's village," she cut Clarke off. "I've been there. Have you?" she asked her brother. "Has she?"

"You done?" he asked as Clarke handed him a bag and he handed it to her.

"What's this?"

"Your pack. Lead the way." She smirked, putting on the bag and moving to go through the wired fence.

"Whoa, not so fast, Pocahontas," Raven stopped her before tapping the fence with her metal crutch.

"So when you said handled..." Alia drifted off.

"I meant it." She took out her radio. "Shut her down, Wick." A few seconds later, two beeps came from the other end and she tapped the crutch again, nothing happening. "Handled." Octavia went through followed by Bellamy, Alia, and then Clarke. Alia and Raven shared a look, Raven nodding before they went into the woods.

***

Bellamy sat, staring at Alia, looking at Octavia and Clarke before his gaze went back to Alia. He turned as he saw Clarke stir. "The last time I saw you, you were closing the dropship door," he spoke up. "Had to be done."

She gave a small smile, sitting up. "Did you get any sleep?"

"It's okay. I'll sleep when we find Finn. Besides, I don't think I could if I tried." He looked back down at Alia and their interlaced fingers. "She said she was scared that I would disappear if she went to sleep. I told her holding my hand would assure her that I was there, but... it's not enough for me. One of the most terrifying moments of my life was when I came back and we couldn't find anyone. I couldn't find her. I didn't know if she was dead or alive and..." He sighed.

"You love her."

"I do. So much it scares me. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her. And with everything going on and everything that's happened, I feel like if I let her out of my sight for even a second, she'll be gone, you know?" He chuckled. "You probably didn't want to hear any of that."

"No, it's sweet. She feels the same, you know. When she thought she'd lost you... It was heartbreaking just to see her. I'm glad you and Finn made it."

"You haven't seen him, Clarke. Losing you, the others, the war, it changed him. He executed the Grounder that drew us the map. Pulled the trigger without even blinking and walked away."

"That doesn't sound like Finn."

"No, it doesn't. I saw what he was capable of and still, I let him go with Murphy and two automatic rifles."

"I'm sure that had to be done too."

"When we got back to the dropship and no one was there, we assumed it was the Grounders."

"Of course you did. You couldn't have known it was the Mountain Men. No one could have."

"How long until chocolate cake turns into being hung upside down and drained for their blood?" he asked after a minute.

"I don't know, but we don't have much time."

"Okay. First we find Finn, then our people in Mount Weather."

"And Lincoln," Octavia spoke before sitting up. "I think we've slept long enough." Bellamy and Clarke shared a nod, Clarke putting out the fire as Bellamy gently shook Alia awake.

"Hey," he whispered, kissing her temple. "Wake up, angel."

"Hi," she mumbled, opening her eyes.

"Hi," he smiled. "Come on. We're gonna keep moving." She nodded, allowing him to help her up and regain her balance. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she nodded, putting weight on her leg. "Yeah." They walked through the night, reaching what was left of the Lincoln Memorial as day broke.

"This is it," Bellamy looked down at the map and back up. "Which way to the village?" She didn't move. "O?"

"The Reapers came from there," she pointed with her sword, starting to cry. "I couldn't save him, Bell." He pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly. "I couldn't save him."

"It's okay. It's okay," he whispered, rubbing a hand through her hair as Clarke and Alia watched sadly. She sniffed, pulling away and leading them to the village as she put up her tough facade again, starting to run when they heard gunshots followed by screams. They stopped as they made it to the village, seeing bodies laying on the ground, those that were alive were in a corral of sorts, Finn's gun still pointed at them until he saw the four.

"Alia," Murphy breathed out, slinging his gun over his shoulder and pulling her into a hug. "You're okay."

"So are you."

"I saved your boyfriend by the way," he smirked as he pulled away, making Alia give a small smile.

"After you tried to kill him?"

"I think he's warming up to me. He gave me a gun," he held it up.

"I can see that. Thank you for saving him." She turned, seeing Bellamy and Clarke slowly walking over, looking at the scene around them. Finn walked towards Clarke, but she backed away from him.

"I found you." She only shook her head.

"What have you done?" Alia asked, looking back at Murphy.

I love some of this chapter and I'm so glad Bellamy and Alia finally got back together. Hooray. It is not edited and I know it's late, but I'm on vacation and things are crazy. 

Update: Edited