Spacewalker - Part 1

"Hold your fire! She's back," Bellamy called as Clarke was escorted back to Camp Jaha by two riders. "Open the gate."

"Power up the gate! Secure all access points. Stay ready!" Byrne instructed as one of the guards opened the gate.

"Are you okay?" Finn asked as he jogged up to her.

"Shut the gate," she told the guard. "You can't be out here," she told him, pulling him away. Abby gave her a hug as a crowd formed around them.

"What did she say?" Abby asked. "Is there a chance for a truce?"

"Yes."

"What's wrong?" Finn asked.

"They want you. If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn." The crowd started murmuring as Bellamy and Alia shared a look.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven asked.

"That's their offer."

"That's not an offer."

"It's punishment," Finn said after Raven. "For what happened at the village. Blood for blood."

"That's insane," Bellamy spoke up and Alia slid her hand into his.

"If we refuse?" Abby asked.

"They attack."

"I say we give him up!"

"Get rid of him!"

"Yeah!" the crowd started yelling.

"Easy people," Byrne tried.

"Give him to the Grounders," one man said, walking forwards.

"Back off!" Raven yelled as she shoved him backwards.

"Raven! Raven!" Clarke and Alia pulled Raven away as Bellamy kept the man at bay.

"Raven, listen to me. Nothing is gonna happen to him. I promise. Okay?"

"Clam down," Alia whispered.

"I'm not dying for him! Spacewalker burned three months of oxygen from the Ark. He should've floated a long time ago! Throw him out!"

"Back off!" Raven yelled again, going at the man as others tried to pull them both away.

"Stop, Reyes!" Byrne yelled and Raven spun around, punching her in the face. Two guards took Raven and pulled her away as everyone crowded around Finn, the guards doing their best to keep them away. Finn, Clarke, Alia, and Bellamy all looked at each other as the yelling got louder.

***

"Hang on. He's not a Reaper anymore. He doesn't need to be restrained," Clarke said as they looked at Lincoln whose wrists were cuffed to the hospital bed.

"Yes I do."

"Just tell us. Is there a way to make peace?" Abby asked.

"Did she leave riders behind?"

"Two just outside the gate."

"They're waiting for Finn. You don't have much time to decide."

"She can't expect us to just hand over one of our own people. Would she do that?" Octavia asked.

"She wouldn't let the rest of her people die to protect a murderer." He looked back at Abby, Clarke, and Alia. "If you don't do this, she will kill everyone in this camp."

"There has to be another way. Something else we could give in return," Alia said.

"Finn took eighteen lives. The commander's offering to take just one in return. Take the deal."