un

sequoia swan enjoyed the few years in the absence of her sister, bella. she'd always visit for two weeks every summer, a joyful time for her father. although, she was forced out of her room, allowing bella a place to stay in. the couch was rather uncomfortable, and the girl was always grateful it was summer or she'd be shivering all night. this was now to change, seeing as her father, charlie, informed her of bella's extended stay. sequoia was furious that night he told her but, she couldn't talk back - it'd make things worse off.

bella was coming today and charlie was frantic, making sure her room was perfect, making sure the house was presentable. sequoia had taken her wanted possessions downstairs, into a small tote bag at the edge of the couch. her body language completing the tasks made it obvious how the girl was feeling, her poor posture with a slight grumpy face didn't bother charlie in the slightest.

her father soon left for the airport to pick up her sister. sequoia was baffled just how much her father cared for his other daughter. why couldn't he do the same for her? the seventeen-year-old was piled with these thoughts but got stuck into a new book she found while shopping, slowly forgetting about her emotions of the moving in sister.

-

sequoia hadn't noticed her two family members enter through the door, she honestly didn't want to. spaced out reading her book, a harsh cough grabbed her attention.

tearing her eyes from the page, she looked up where the noise came from. her father gave her a stern look, shifting his eyes from one daughter to the other. sequoia sighed, mustering up a positive facial expression.

"hi bella," she responded to her dad's look, making sure not to seem too fake or over the top. charlie relaxed his look in return.

the duo made their way upstairs, her father ready to show bella her room. sequoia was still dreading the cold nights, she hadn't learned to keep herself warm throughout the darker hours with her magic. she's tried many times yet all her barriers seem to fall when she drifts into sleep.

she's most weak when asleep. others can smell her, others can use their power against her. she was worried about her friend from school, alice cullen. as she could see the future and didn't need to sleep, she wondered whether the vampire had any visions of her. it never seemed like it though, alice was always her upbeat self around her and the others didn't seem too worried.

a vehicle pulling into the driveway caught her from her thoughts. her father came downstairs with a slight bounce in his step as a beep was heard from outside. he opened the door to be greeted by billy and jacob black.

oh how sequoia hated jacob. he was so head over heels for bella every time she'd visit. she'd never understood how he fell for her in such little time. they never saw eye to eye though, they were constantly arguing every time the boy came over.

the girl decided to go outside, see what the fuss was about. a red truck was parked in the driveway, with jacob and bella in the seats.

"what's this?" sequoia asked her father.

"homecoming present for bella," he simply shrugged, "won't have to find your own way to school anymore," he finished with slight amusement.

"you won't let me get my license yet you buy bella a whole truck?" she couldn't believe it, she'd always wanted the independence to drive on her own.

"i can't trust you with your own car, who knows where'd you end up at."

sequoia huffed and walked away, not without giving jacob a glare. she had totally forgotten about school, only having her sister on her mind.

-

sequoia knocked on bella's door the following morning, needing to grab her clothes. her sister wasn't too happy about this but sequoia wasn't afraid to get back at her by saying she should be grateful for her room.