trois

sequoia felt horrible to say the least. she was lying down on the hospital bed next to bella, still unable to open her eyes. she was conscious, but just felt extremely weak.

"heard the chief's daughters were here,"

"oh dr. cullen," charlie sighed in relief. well at least bella won't be ranting off about edward's supernatural abilities to a human doctor. sequoia had met him a few times while visiting the cullen's house previously.

"charlie," he nodded his head in response. "i've got this one jackie."

sequoia heard movement around her, along with fading footsteps.

"isabella," the doctor greeted.

bella hated her full name, but what surprised sequoia was the fact she spoke up, "bella."

"well, bella, looks like you took quite a spill. how do you feel?"

"good," bella responded, not even feeling half the things her sister was.

sequoia slowly opened her eyes, finally gaining enough energy to do so. she squinted in reaction to the light, her throbbing headache not helping the situation. she placed her hand on her head, applying some pressure in the hope to relieve some pain.

the closing of a curtain made sequoia flinch slightly from the sudden noise, she turned her head, now fully alert of any actions around her. she saw her father with his hands on his hips, shaking his head at the boy he previously shut off.

"you know it would've been a whole lot worse if edward wasn't there and knocked me out of the way," she looked towards her older sister, noticing she was awake, "ask sequoia, she would've seen him."

the two men looked towards sequoia after bella addressed her.

"edward?" charlie questioned, ignoring his other daughter, clearly in pain, "your boy?"

"yeah it was amazing," bella continued, "i mean he got to me so fast and he was nowhere near me."

"sounds like you were very lucky," sequoia detected the uneasiness on his face, "you're free to go bella, i should check up on your sister now."

dr. cullen turned towards sequoia as the other two family members walked out.

"how are you feeling?" he smiled gently at the tired-looking girl, "edward said no one got hurt, what happened?"

sequoia wondered how much she could tell him without it becoming suspicious.

"all i remember is feeling really dizzy and sick," the doctor nodded, wanting her to continue, "then i was getting really overwhelmed by the commotion and, i don't remember anything after that."

"the others said you were pulling bella away before the car even came to view," sequoia didn't like where this was going, "just before alice had a vision."

what was she supposed to say to that? sequoia had never come this close to exposing herself.

"i-uh," sequoia was getting more stressed out by the second, "i don't know, i must've-"

"carlisle!" a familiar voice called out as a figure rushed into the room, "edward's being an idiot," sequoia realised it was rosalie, who luckly came at the best time. "he's not listening to me!"

carlisle looked towards the blonde girl, amused by her insults towards her adoptive brother. "rosalie you have to understand that bella is his mate, he had the right intentions-"

"by endangering our secret?" rosalie huffed angrily before turning to the younger girl sitting on the bed, "they left without you by the way, do you want a lift once you've finished here?"