six

sequoia travelled back to the cullen residence with alice, still thinking about the woman, victoria.

"bella went home," alice stated, not much emotion in her voice, "she told charlie that she's returning back to phoenix, they're in the car in front of us now."

sequoia merely hummed in response, not particularly focused on the vampire's words.

"we're going to take you home after."

this drew sequoia's attention away from her mind, "what? no! i can help-"

"no fleur," alice cut her off, "it's too dangerous."

"no alice," the witch mimicked the girl next to her, "i'm not going back after bella breaks charlie, he'll blame it on me." she didn't really want to help, sequoia just wanted to see victoria again, but why?

why was she so intrigued by her? why does she want to see her again? questions buzzed through her mind, but what sequoia didn't realise was her sheer protectiveness over the stranger, not wanting the cullens to hurt her too.

the car came to a hault, alice rushing out, slowly followed by sequoia. she made her way to the front porch, ending up just behind edward and bella.

"wait!" carlisle panicked, "he came to warn us, about james" sequoia noticed laurent had arrived to the house, momentarily worrying edward.

"this isn't my fight and, i've grown tired of his games," laurent cleared up, "but he's got unparalleled senses absolutely lethal. i've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years."

he gazed towards sequoia behind the other two, his eyes softening, "and the woman, victoria, don't underestimate her." his eyes had shifted back to edward after saying 'victoria'. laurent walked out, not wanting to continue the conversation or start a fight.

-

"rosalie, esme, could you put these on so the tracker will pick up bella's scent?" edward threw a few items of bella's clothing to them, a pained expression was spread accross his face.

"why?" rosalie questioned, shrugging her shoulders, "what is she to me? afterall, she hurt my friend, why should i help her now?" sequoia smiled at rosalie, grateful she still took her side between the sisters.

"rosalie," carlise frowned, "bella is with edward, she's part of this family now." he reached over to grab the coat rosalie had thrown to the side before, "and we protect our family."

the blond vampire took the coat, after moments of glaring at edward, "what's sequoia going to do, or have you all forgotten about her too?"

"she's coming with us," alice piped up, "she's to stubborn to stay here."

sequoia hopped into the backseat, opposite of bella, where edward was reassuring her that nothing was going to happen. sequoia didn't believe that, bella got herself within this mess, there was no way she was getting out uninjured. she kept quiet though, not wanting to anger edward even more.

alice reversed the car, a bit too fast for the non-vampire's liking, but sequoia got used to it after a minute. bella had left a voicemail for her mum in phoenix, telling her how she wasn't in forks right now, but everything will be ok.

-

"such a shame you're friends with them," a voice whispered in her ear, "they wouldn't want you near me, now would they?"

"but you're not like them, are you? oh no, you're worth so much more," they continued, sending shivers down sequoia's spine. "why do you trust them? they want to kill me, for your sister. your dear sister who has been nothing but horrible to you."