vingt

sequoia's eyes adjusted to the glaring light coming from the windows. it was still early, the sun peeking up from the horizon, emitting a blue gaze amongst the scattered clouds.

when she could finally focus on where she was, the witch noticed she didn't wake up on her own couch. it wasn't a bed, rather a very large sofa. beige in colour to fit the light aesthetic of the area. she seemed to be in someone's room, someone's room without a bed. it was clean, the bright tones shining through to match the light.

sequoia looked out the window, only to notice the vastly familiar forest outside. the windows had a familiar feel to them, the frames were ones she had seen too many times before.

"oh no," the witch whispered, quickly shutting herself up knowing where she was.

cullen residence.

"sequoia!" she heard someone exclaim, "you're awake!"

she turned her head towards the door, rather dramatically. she noticed a blonde-haired girl standing at the doorway. she couldn't sense anyone else in the household, maybe...

"they went out hunting," the vampire spoke up, "the rest of them i mean."

the witch only nodded, not too sure how to react. she was wary of any movement both inside and outside, worried the rest of the cullens would come back.

"what happened last night?"

rose moved closer, sitting at the foot of the couch. "the others were out looking for victoria, alice caught onto her scent she left behind."

"oh," sequoia simply replied, not really knowing how to.

"you knew didn't you?"

"yeah, i just didn't know when it'd happen," the shorter blonde said, "thanks for sticking up for me though."

"of course, but why were you out so late?"

"bella and i had - a sort of disagreement - if you could say that," sequoia briefed over what happened the previous night, causing a few discussed facial expressions from the vampire sitting in front of her.

"what? you can't be serious," rose stumbled upon her words. "it doesn't really surprise me though..." she trailed off, looking out her window.

"i should get going, i don't really want to talk to your family," sequoia announced, standing up from the couch, removing the think blanket draped over her, "no offence."

"are you going to be ok?"

"yeah, i was just a little sleep-deprived," the witch laughed it off.

"and victoria, was she even there?"

"no-"

"we chased her back to the canadian border," said another voice, the two looked up, noticing emmett stood in the doorway. "had a nice sleep in my room?"

"our room, thank you very much," his wife added, crossing her arms in the process. "where else would i take her."

sequoia stood awkwardly in the middle of things, obviously about to leave before someone came in.

"rose," she began, "i should go now."

another figure came in the room, ducking under emmett's arm to get through.

"is that sequoia i hear?"

"alice get out of my room-"

"our room," emmett mimicked from her previous phrase before.

rosalie only rolled her eyes, "she was just leaving, sorry."

the commotion in the room caused carlisle, esme and jasper to join their family. it caused sequoia to be stuck in the room, no easy way out of the situation.