trente

"do you not trust victoria?" sequoia asked, pulling away from the embrace. it wouldn't be too surprising if she didn't, she did threaten her family after all.

"it's not that," the vampire started, looking around on edge, "the volturi came, saying they had found about the baby. edward told us it was you who informed them, so i was worried if he had come after you or something."

the witch chuckled lightly, shaking her head, "i wouldn't let him do that, he wouldn't get very far."

"i know, but why did you tell them? you shouldn't get back at them with their child."

"rose, i'd assume you have a good relationship with the kid, and i'm sorry i did tell them, but i was confused myself with how it was possible."

the older one kept flicking her eyes from the girl to the depths of the forest, "well now your sister is a goddamn vampire, and won't shut up about how happy she is."

sequoia turned to where the vampire kept looking, turning back with a confused look, "what's wrong? no one's coming."

"sorry," she returned her gaze to the blonde in front of her, "i'm just paranoid."

"you don't trust my skills," the witch crossed her arms, rolling her eyes playfully.

the vampire mimicked her stance, raising her eyebrows in the process, "i don't trust the others. now, how's she been treating you?"

sequoia stumbled back slightly from rosalie's nudge, "good."

"well tell me everything, all i've been hearing here is 'bella, bella, bella'. they won't shut up!"

the witch laughed, not surprised by the news. looks like her sister hasn't changed one bit since becoming a vampire, her ego still way too big for its own good - and is getting fed each day.

she began to tell the woman a brief overview of what has happened since she left. she left out some details, thinking it'd be better to keep quiet. she talked about how she finally discovered the mate bond recently, who earned a squeal and a killing hug from the vampire.

"i still have lungs you know," sequoia managed to get out, informing of her current situation with a slight humorous aspect.

"right, my bad, so where are you moving to? i hope it's nowhere in north america, don't spare any chances with edward and bella."

"oh i'm not, we decided to move into a residence my mother owned before she passed. it's in switzerland, a small town in the west," the witch explained, a smile growing on her face at her imagination.

"good, you're moving a while away, don't miss me too much though."

"i'll try not to come running back," sequoia faked sobbed until she heard the pounding of footsteps coming from the forest.

"you need to go, right now," rosalie ushed, grabbing the witch's shoulders and looking her in the eyes. "i love you, be safe."

"of course," the two blondes held each other in one last embrace before the footsteps grew too close for their liking. sequoia teleported back as if she was never there.

"rosalie? why weren't you with us?"

"i didn't feel like going out," she muttered, avoiding eye contact with the small vampire.

"you need to, your eyes are black, you wouldn't want to scare renesmee - would you?"

"right, sorry, i'll go now," the blonde rushed off into the forest, feeding was the last thing on her mind.

-

"took you long enough," victoria scowled, standing up from the couch. she walked over to the girl, dragging her to where she just was.