vingt-neuf

victoria threw the shopping bag on the desk chair before grabbing more comfortable clothes out of the wardrobe. sequoia was already changed, lying on the bed while staring at the blank ceiling.

noticing the vampire getting changed, she rolled onto her stomach, planting her cheek into the pillow. she brought the blanket into a bunch, wrapping her arms and legs around it, cradling it.

"you know," victoria started, shuffling herself onto the bed where the blonde was facing, "blankets are for keeping you warm, i'm the one to cuddle."

"you're also freezing," sequoia remarked in response, "that counteracts your statement."

"that's the point of the blanket, so you don't get cold with me."

"what if i'm cold even with the blanket."

"get another one," she turned towards to witch, "now come here."

sequoia gladly moved closer to the vampire, thankful she has a thicker top on - preventing possible burns or a brain freeze. she smiled against her chest, the redhead's scent comforting her.

"you took rather long to figure this out."

"well i'm sorry you're impatient," the blonde's voice was muffled, but it didn't stop the listener from hearing it.

"don't blame me, i couldn't stand being away from you much longer," victoria sighed, "the pain was becoming a bit too much."

"you realise how dramatic you would sound to a human?"

"it's true!"

the witch hummed in response, her tiredness was growing by the second, "goodnight, don't bore yourself too much."

"i could never."

-

"we need to move," the vampire threw the day's newspaper to the reading girl, "as in, right now."

local news
death numbers are too high
for such a small town, the death toll has never been so high, we don't know who, or what is behind this mass murder. read more on page thirteen.

"and where are we going to go?" asked sequoia, annoyed she was ripped from her thoughts.

that book was just getting interesting.

"well, i was hoping you had some ideas," the redhead rubbed the back of her neck, looking to the ground.

"don't you get all shy on me now," the blonde rolled her eyes, "you're not supposed to be the indecisive one."

the vampire sat down next to her, "where have you always wanted to go?"

"anywhere but forks."

"that's helpful."

"i know."

the two women both looked at each other, neither saying a thing. the shorter one leant into the backrest, knowing this conversation was going nowhere.

"i have an idea," victoria ran off somewhere, scrambling through loose items in drawers. sequoia heard a few swear words, just after a thud, or smash was heard.

"can you not break everything please?" she called out, a bit louder than needed.

"hang on!" soon the older one was back, a couple of books were stacked in one hand, and a rather large, old-looking key in the other.

"what's this?"

"you didn't even let me explain. here..." the vampire looked through one of the books, before pulling out a loose page.