dix-sept

sequoia watched edward throw victoria over himself once again. but this time, she noticed the cullen reach for her almost immediately after. it was only a split-second, but when it happened, the witch took this as the perfect opportunity, she sprung up from her crouch and focused on the male vampire ahead of her.

he relaxed his grip on the woman slightly, looking towards the cause of the sound. he locked eyes with the blonde girl's blue ones. his golden eyes widened at the sight of sequoia's eyes fading to a deep purple. as he was distracted, the witch released her focused energy on the vampire, sending him backwards.

victoria whipped herself around to take a look at the cause herself. her signature smirk appeared on her face after noticing sequoia. she turned back towards edward's figure, still on the ground, surprised by the impact. she headed for bella again, using her mate's unfocused self as an opportunity to attack, only for the other vampire to interrupt, once again.

"so it's true," edward stated, brushing the snow off of his clothing. "my family thought james was your true mate."

"why would you think that?" the redhead hissed.

"you were the one to come after me when i killed him, not laurent," he slowly walked between victoria and bella, "we were only to assume you were his."

"that is ridiculous," the woman responded, "i would never do-"

"you would never do this for a mere friend," edward finished for her.

"how would you know that?"

"you created a whole army, faked a relationship. all for what? james? i don't think so. we didn't see you at the ballet studio, we could only smell you. and who else was missing? sequoia."

sequoia walked closer to the scene, curiosity taking the better of her. "what are you saying?"

"then i read your mind today, i wanted to make riley jealous by saying james was your true mate, not him, but then i couldn't."

"don't do this," victoria hushed, "it's too-"

"i won't be able to kill you today, but i can at least start something, for the time being, consider yourself lucky for the special guest arriving."

"you'll hurt her more than me."

"would i?" edwards turned his gaze towards the witch, "you're her mate."

"what!?" bella questioned, soon to be hushed by her own mate. he had a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, knowing he may have stirred something big. the blonde girl looked up at the redhead, wanting an explanation.

"i- you weren't supposed to find out so early, not until you left," victoria's eyes looked at the ground, her voice less harsh than usual.

the younger sister moved from edward's protectiveness, "what the hell is going on sequoia? this can't happen, i won't allow it!"

"what are you going to do? you're just a weak human," the redhead growled.

edward stepped forward, ahead of bella, "do not talk about her in that way."

victoria moved closer, glaring at the golden eyes in front of her, "i will, and i don't care. you've said nothing but bad things to sequoia lately, keep the same energy."

"it's different."

"no, it's not!"

"you're a bad person, turning so many innocent people for your sake," the cullen stated, now only inches away from the other vampire, "now they're gone, dead. you feed off humans for your own needs and use someone to get your own way. face it, you're selfish."