vingt-sept

sequoia hoped the car ride to the castle would be less tense. she wished demetri and felix to continue their jester remarks, or jane to at least stir something up in them, but nothing. she tried to calm herself down, knowing the vampires around her could hear her unusually fast heartbeat. she took rather large breaths in and leant up against vic to lower her body temperature, all which didn't help.

but as they reached the elevator, the claustrophobic nature may have even been worse than the car ride. she was pressed up against many cold bodies, slightly thanking they weren't human, or she would be cramped in with sweaty bodies. the witch wiped her clammy hands on the loose fitted pants she was wearing, the material not soaking in the moisture at all.

a ding indicated to the sextet that the elevator had reached their desired floor. stepping out, sequoia felt as if she could finally breathe freely again, enjoying the fresher air of the hallway.

the witch regretted wearing heels that day, hearing the loud click each step made. they made her feel, and look hot though, emitting a confidant stance that may intimidate some.

the group finally reached the double doors, which sequoia assumed led to the throne room. they stopped for a minute, most likely waiting for permission to enter. as soon as they heard a 'come in' from a masculine voice, jane pulled the doors open.

the throne room was a fairly common appearance in the witch's visions, so she did not need to admire the antique decoration.

"oh miss sequoia," announced the king in the centre, standing up while clasping his hands together in enjoyment. "it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

sequoia only nodded in response, with a small hum after she realised how rude she looked. aro walked down the steps, dramatically slow compared to other vampires.

"i'd assume you saw this coming, did you not?"

"partially."

"ahh very well, your mother was quite good at seer spells, could look at anyone's future at her command," he had finally reached the bottom of the stairs, the only sound present was his shoes against the tiling.

the king walked up to sequoia, eyeing her ever so carefully until he moved his gaze to victoria.  "would you allow me?"

the witch watched the redhead hold her arm out to him, to which he grabbed almost immediately. she found it so appalling how he found such delight in reading one's every thought. did he have any sense of privacy?

"miss sequoia please lower your shield on her."

the blonde looked up at aro, confusion spread across her face, "i don't have one on her."

"interesting," he paused, removing his grasp on victoria, "very interesting." he stepped back slightly, giving the two women some room.

"brother," the other brunette king started, raising from his seat to announce his presence, "they have a special bond."

"mates?"

"it's slightly more complicated than that," he paused, thinking of the best way to word to the situation, "there is a strong bond, but it's one-sided."

"i believe miss sequoia just hasn't found her bond yet," aro turned to the blonde, awaiting an answer.

"yes, one of the cullens told her," victoria spoke for her mate, her voice monotonous.

"well, this alters the initial plan."

"what are we going to do with her?" sneered the blond king, caius. he had been looking at the two women with a scowl on his face for the entire time.