[022]

Tennin Wakes Up

POV: 3rd Person

Mikey was laying on Tennin's legs, when suddenly he saw her hands move. " Huh? " He asked sitting up. Tennin's eyes flutter open. " H.. Huh...? " She asked, her vision focuses and her hearing fades in. She can hear the heart monitor beeping, and she can feel the IV's sticking into her skin.

What... Am I in the hospital...? Oh that's right I got hit in the head... It still hurts... She thought. She looks to her right to see Mikey who was crying with joy. He jumped on her hugging her tightly. " Mikey-Kun...? " She asked.

" Tenchin!! I'm really sorry!! I'm sorry that I made you mad at me!! " He shouted. " Oh... " Tennin said surprised. " I'm sorry that I didn't let you explain. And I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect you when you needed it! I'm such a terrible boyfriend " He said.

" M-Mikey-Kun... Don't hug me so tightly " She said. " Oh Sorry sorry " He said letting go. " I forgive you. Y'know when I thought about it, it's really petty of me to hold a grudge for so long. But Big Bro Shin, Emma, and everyone else helped me. But the best one was you, because you told me that the most important one to me was myself " She smiled.

" Oh... really? " Mikey asked. I have no idea what she's talking about, but I'm just so glad that she's awake. He thought. Then he realized he should call for one of the doctors. " Hey nurse! Come here hurry! " He said. The nurse comes in and is surprised. " Oh how wonderful, you're awake " She said.

She starts to check her head and her eyes.
" Well, everything seems to be fine. After a few more weeks you'll be able to go home " She smiled. " Great " Mikey smiled. The nurse leaves the room. " Um... Mikey-Kun... " Tennin said blushing. " Yeah? " He asked.

" I um... I could hear what you said while... while I was sleeping " She said. " Huh? " Mikey asked confused. Then he remembered and started blushing. " O-Oh... Um... " He said blushing and looking away. " I-it's okay um... Because I... I love you too " She said.

" But it's more than that...! " Mikey said holding her hand to his chest. " Oh...! " Tennin said surprised. " Because I want you to stay with me forever, and I want to see you smile everyday! You are my life Tenchin! " He declared. She blushed and hid her face in his chest.

" Stupid Mikey-Kun...! Y-you're my life to... or whatever " She said. Mikey grinned. " And um... Mikey-Kun... I'm sorry too " She said.
" For what? " Mikey asked. " The fight, that was all my fault " She sighed. " What? What are you talking about? " He asked confused.

" That guy beat up Touma and Fuji. So I payed him back. I had the boys break his fingers. Only four though. Then he blamed it on Toman and that's what started the fight. I'm sorry " She said tearing up a little. Mikey pets her head.

" You don't need to apologize. No matter what happens I'll always have your back. I'll always be by your side Okay? " He asked wiping her tears. She nodded.

•••

" Great! This is great! " Chiyoko cheered.
" What's great? " Enmei asked walking into the room. " Oh hey you're back. How was taking care of the kids? " Benjiro said.
" Exhausting. What's so great? " Enmei asked.

" Your father just got back from the court house. The appeal was accepted and the restraining order had been terminated! " She said. " That's great! Tennin would be getting out the hospital tomorrow so you guys can see her " He said.

" Let's wait till she gets out. I'm sure she'll need to be healed up some more to handle seeing all of us again. We don't know how the coma affected her. What if she doesn't remember us? " Chiyoko asked. " No it seems like she's remembered everyone " Enmei said.

•••

Tennin slowly bowed her head. She wasn't supposed to move it too much until she was fully healed. " Thank you so much for coming here and taking care of the kids " She said.
" No problem. I'm the only one who could've taken care of them I'll be their temporary legal guardian any time " Mahiru smiled.

" Right... " Tennin said. Was there... someone here before Mahiru? She thought confused.
" Hey Tenchin are you okay " He asked. She didn't answer. " Tenchin? " He asked. " Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine " She laughed nervously. I can't remember who was here before... She thought.

•••

Tennin pats Chiyoko on the back. She's been hugging her for about 5 minutes now. " Um... Aunt you don't have to keep holding onto me... I'm not leaving right away... " She said.
" I know I was just so worried " Chiyoko sighed checking her face. " I'm fine. " Tennin said.

" How long are you gonna wear this thing? " She asked looking at the bandage on her head. She walks her over to the couch where they sit and start talking. Tennin noticed a picture sitting on the coffee table. She picked it up and saw a younger version of herself.

Enmei was there too. Chiyoko and Benjiro too. But there were two people she didn't recognize, a woman and a man. The man was holding her at his waist. " Huh... Who are these two? " She asked. " Hm? " Chiyoko asked. She looked at the picture, shocked by who Tennin was pointing to.

" You don't... Remember...? " She asked.
" No... Um should I...? " Tennin asked. " Uh... " Chiyoko said. Maybe it's for the best that she doesn't remember them... It'll just pain her. She thought.

" ...Eh no not really I guess. They're just some old friends of mine, you met them once. I guess it's not that important " Chiyoko said.
" Are you sure...? They look familiar... Ahh! " Tennin said holding her head. " What?! Are you okay? " Chiyoko asked worriedly.

" I just... My head is throbbing " Tennin said. Chiyoko takes the picture from her. " Don't worry about that anymore. " She said. " The banana pudding is ready " Benjiro said walking in. " My favorite... " Tennin said happily.

" Since you can finally eat sweets, have as much as you want " Benjiro smiled. " Thank you " Tennin grinned.

•••

" Oh, Mikey's outside. I'll see you " Tennin waved. " Okay... " Chiyoko said. She walks her out. " Hey kid ride carefully! " She said. " I will! " Mikey said. Tennin gets on the back.
" Hold on tight Tenchin " He said. " Mm " Tennin nodded.