[023]

Tomoko's Regret

POV: 3rd Person

Tennin was sitting on the couch with Goro. His birthday was coming up soon. Then there was a knock on the door. " Oh that must be Mikey-Kun " She said. She placed Goro down on the floor so he could play with Kaori and Rin. She goes over and opens the door.

She saw two familiar looking people. It was Aoki and Tomoko. However she didn't know that. " Um... Can I help you? " She asked.
" Oh? You don't know how to invite us in now? You're becoming more disrespectful as time goes on " Aoki said annoyed.

" What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've ever met " She said. " Huh? What happened to your head? " Tomoko asked. " I— " Tennin was cut off. " I don't care what happened to her head " Aoki said glaring at Tomoko. She looked down on the ground.

" Now little girl I have a mind to smack you in the face " He said. " Why? I didn't do anything wrong " Tennin said confused.
" Tch... " He said raising his fist, however someone grabbed his wrist to stop him.
" Hah? " He asked annoyed. He turned to see Mikey.

Oh... It's the little brats boyfriend... He thought snatching his hand away. " You shouldn't hit her. Especially not in the head, right after she came out of a coma " Mikey said. " Coma? What the hell happened?! " Tomoko asked shocked. Is that why her head is wrapped up...? Dammit Tomoko what are you doing..? She thought.

She started biting her finger nails. " It's not like you actually care. I'm pretty sure you only returned here to make her feel bad, why not skip a step and just go to wherever your next tourist sight is. " Mikey said glaring at them. He slipped passed them into Tennins house and closed the door.

" Who were those people? " Tennin asked.
" Don't worry about it. They aren't that important anyways. " He said with a gentle smile. " Okay.... " She said.

•••

" That little brat.. C'mon let's go Tomoko! " Aoki said. Tomoko didn't move. She was too wrapped up in her own thoughts. What are you doing Tomoko? It's been so many years... Tennins been going through so much. You're a mother but you don't know that your own child was in a coma... Dammit! She thought.

" Tomoko let's go " Aoki said impatiently. What kind of mother are you?!... You're just a failure at this like everything else... It's all because you got so wrapped up in your twisted love for Aoki you didn't see how you were affecting her... You're so lucky that Chiyo was here to... She thought, then realized what happened.

Her face was filled with shock and a little fear while she fell to the ground. " I... I filed a restraining order on the one person who was taking good care of my baby girl... " She said. " What? " Aoki asked. " What the hell is wrong with me..? No I... I... Why would I...? " She asked.

" Tomoko what the hell are you talking about? Get up " Aoki said grabbing wrist. Tomoko slapped his hand away. " Don't touch me you damn asshole!! " She shouted. " Huh? Who the hell are you talking to? " He asked.

" You're just a parasite! An ugly one! I was so stupid! I missed out on my baby girls entire life because I was so infatuated with you " She said. " What did you just say to me you dumb bitch?! " He asked annoyed. He grabbed her by her arm. " I'll show you to talk to me like that " He said.

•••

Tennin was laying in bed. " Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Tenchin " Mikey said. " W-wait Mikey-Kun... " She said. " Hm? " He asked.
" Um... Stay the night please? " She asked. " ... Okay sure... " He said. He goes back over to her and lays down next to her.

She snuggled up close to him. " Goodnight " She yawned. " Goodnight " He said lowly.

•••

" Ah..! " Tomoko said, holding her face in pain from Aoki's slap. " You dumb bitch! What did I say about not listening to me? You even had the nerve to call me ugly " He said. " Yeah you are. " She said. He grabbed her by her neck and held her up to the wall.

" Oh you think you're so tough now Huh? " He asked. " N-no.. ack... Just sick of your bull shit... ack... " She said. He dropped her on the floor. " Dammit! I should kill you " He shouted walking away. He turns on the baseball game and starts drinking beer.

Tomoko just sits where she is. It's kinda funny... I probably could've died but still ran my mouth... Well this might be god punishing me for all the horrible things I've done to Tennin... She thought with a sad smile. " But maybe... " She said.

•••

Chiyoko was walking down the street when she saw familiar blue hair. Tennin? She thought. " No it can't be it's way too late " She said. She looked and saw that the hair was much longer. It's Tomoko! She thought. She grabbed her wrist. Tomoko turned around surprised, while her sunglasses fall off.

" Hey you... What happened...? " Chiyoko asked, shocked that Tomoko had a big bruise on her eye. She picked up her sunglasses and puts them back on. " Did someone hit you? Was is Aoki? " She asked. " Tch, no! You know how I am I'd never let a man put his hands on me " Tomoko said rolling her eyes.

" Then how did you get that Mark? And don't give me any crap about walking into a wall " She said. " It's none of your business how I got a black eye. " She said. " I'll kill him if he did that to you. Just come on! " Chiyoko said dragging her off.

" No!! Don't bring me back there...!! " Tomoko panicked. " What? I wasn't... " Chiyoko said confused. She saw that Tomoko was crying, a lot. " No don't bring me back... don't bring me back there... don't... " She said lowly. " I won't... I'm not gonna bring you there so stop crying " Chiyoko said.

•••

" I think Benji is asleep. He'd definitely lash out if he saw you like this. Anyways, just sit down here. " Chiyoko said. Tomoko nodded and sits on the couch. Chiyoko comes back with a first aid kit. " Why are you even doing this? Don't you hate me? " Tomoko asked.

" You should talk to the person helping you like that " Chiyoko rolled her eyes. " But if I'm being honest, I don't hate you. I just feel bad for you. You're so caught up in your delusional coma that you don't see how much you've changed since we were younger " She said.

I've changed Huh... Well she's definitely not wrong... Tomoko thought, flinching when Chiyoko put the alcohol on her bruise.