Act 7

By now you both had already reached the Qingce village

By now you both had already reached the Qingce village. Now all you both needed to do, is find the person (Y/N) needed to meet.

"So uh.. where are they?" Asked Xiao.

"Oh, yeah I lied. I don't have to meet anyone, I just wanted to travel with you!" She gave him a childish smile.

"..."

"Why are you looking at me like that-"

"................I'm going back."

"NO NO WAIT-"

꧁꧂

They were casually walking around Qingce village,
(Y/N) enjoying herself to the fullest, while Xiao is just there.

They found a few glaze lillies while walking through the filled lands of plants. The place was beautiful, if only she had a camera.

"Hey maybe we should get back, what if some-"

He was once again interrupted.

"Nothing happened, I told you, if something did- Chingyu would've sent me a signal. And by the way, don't you trust Zhongli? You know he isn't THAT weak." She said, quite annoyed actually-

"I do, but maybe something happened to Chingyu too-"

He stopped talking when he heard her sigh.

"Xiao, if you don't wanna be here, then go."

The adeptus felt guilty now. He decided not to say anything and just follow behind Goddess.

After a few minutes (Y/N) became her cheerful self once again, running around and picking all flowers they come across to. She even made a flower crown and putted it on the adeptus head leaving him a blushing mess once again.

"Hey, Xiao?" She called out.

"Hm?"

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

"..."

He didn't want to admit it, But yes. He was having the best time of his life. He was always stuck in Liyue, believing that he still had to protect it.
Being able to travel again felt nice to him.

"Yeah. I am."

"Great! There's still one place I want to show you."
She ran off again.

꧁꧂

Xiao followed (Y/N) to a bamboo forest. It reminded him of her domain.

"Isn't it pretty here?"

It is. It really is. The scenery was marvellous. By now it was nighttime, so you could see stars shining through the bamboo leaves.

They were nearing this small building having three seats. (Y/N) sat down, Xiao sitting next to her.

"Xiao, do you enjoy saving people?" After a while of comfortable silence the Goddess spoke up.

"...no. They are ungrateful and arrogant. Not that I need praises, they're just annoying."

"Then why do you?"

Xiao looked at her, finding her looking at him. He quickly turned away, too anxious to keep eye contact.

"Someone has to do it."

"I guess you're right."

She again looked in front of her at the lake that mirrored thousands of stars.

"(Y/N), Remember our deal? Where I ask you a question every day? I want to know something."
The adeptus said.

"I'm listening."

"The archon war. What were you fighting for?"

"..."

She got awfully silent. Is it really that bad?

"Xiao, everyone was fighting for peace. Just some of us, find it in different ways."

"What do you take peace for then?" He kept on asking.

"Devouring humans."

Xiao widened his eyes. She wanted to destroy humanity in order to find peace?

"Please elaborate."

"Think about it. If there were no humans, there would be no jealousy, no concurrency. Why do you think wars happen? Because people intend to be stronger than someone."

"But what if Gods became jealous of one another? What then?"

"That is for Celestia to decide." She stood up.

"You know, it's getting late. Shall we go back?" She asked cheerfully, again.

"Yeah, let's go."

꧁꧂

Back at Wangshu Inn, Xiao kept thinking about what she said. Yes, she was right, everyone finds peace in different ways, but then again, is destroying something really going to accomplish that?

Though, what was Xiao fighting for? Totally not for humanity. Most likely, he was just completing his role as an adeptus. But if he wasn't fighting for Zhongli, perhaps he might've fought on (Y/N)'s side?

Who knows.