twenty-eight

Yuta's nerves were on a whole different level when he stepped foot in the stadium for rehearsals.

It was the same usual routine but it felt so different. Maybe because his parents were coming to his concert.

He couldn't sleep either his mind swirling with many thoughts mainly them being his parents and what Azira told him a couple of hours earlier.

"He's here," Johnny says with a smile handing him his earpiece and custom-made microphone. He could only nod at that feeling out of place so suddenly, "Glad to be here." He greets with a small smile.

"We've been waiting for you, let's go," Johnny says walking back towards the tech crew.

Azira was busy in the dressing room going over outfits with Jaehyun and the rest while Royce had his eyes glued to a phone but was still present at rehearsals.

"Track one, set three," Yuta said, Johnny and Coi nodding. Royce briefly looked up before resuming his attention on the phone quickly typing something.

Soon after the beat of Welcome To The Jungle played loudly through the many speakers. Yuta held onto the mic as he tried to get the energy going throughout him.

It went like how it normally went hitting every note and beat but as soon as his eyes set into the crowd he began to envision his parents sitting in one of those seats watching him which threw him off.

What Azira told him was slowly disappearing as his mind began to fill with his parent's faces watching him. He was so deep in thought that he hadn't even realized that the music cut off and everyone was watching him with puzzled looks, "You good?" Coi questioned grabbing another drumstick since she broke one from going too hard.

Yuta looked over his shoulder nodding, "Yeah, I'm good, can we start over?" He asks, glancing over at the sound guy who raises a thumb.

That didn't stop after that either. He kept forgetting his lines, not even moving to the main stage. It wasn't like the very energetic and bold Yuta who did overly extra things on stage which led him into the office of his manager many many times.

He felt like he was going to puke any moment now as his nerves piled up in his throat making it harder to breathe, "Can we have a break?" He didn't even give Johnny the chance to speak as he was already off the stage hurriedly walking backstage. He felt sick but he knew it was just his nerves messing with him. Nothing is more nerve-wracking than performing in front of your parents.

🚬

Yuta and Azira met in the hallway and he pulled her into a hug. Not saying anything, she hugged him back, "You're still worried about tonight are you?" He sighs pulling away, "Is it that obvious."

"Nah, I didn't notice anything." She teases watching his face form into a sad pout, "I'm just messing with you." She smiles leading him into the lunchroom where many people weren't at other than staff.

"C'mon talk to me." Azira sat in front of him. Yuta sighed running a hand through his already disheveled red mullet before speaking, "I'm scared—shit more like I'm terrified to death what if something goes wrong, what if I miss a line not to mention my parents will be there and it's gonna make things way worse —"

Azira gently held his hand, "Calm down" She assured softly. "You got this I believe in you, the millions of fans that come to see you believe in you and I know damn well your parents believed in you as well. You're an amazing artist who's touched the hearts of many who came all the way here to see you tonight I know your parents are proud of you, and I want you to do is to go on that stage tonight and show everyone why they fell in love with you in the first place."

Yuta felt more than assured and grateful but still wasn't convinced. He just let his gaze fall onto the stadium and see his parents. Azira still held onto his hand and that seemed to grab his attention quickly. "Here." She smiles unhooking the bracelet that was now resting in the palm of her hand. She looked at it for a small moment a faint smile appearing, "My dad always told me when I was ready to give this to the one person I truly care give it to them and wherever they go it'll give them hope." She says reaching for his hand and placing it in the middle of Yuta's palm, "And that person is you."

"Azira..." Yuta began eyes wide, "I can't take this, I really can't." He couldn't just accept something so close to her, Azira was quick to hold back his hands, "He wouldn't want me to keep something that's supposed to be given to someone who I truly care about." She smiles, "Besides, you're the only person I want to have it."

It was the second time when Yuta wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a warm embrace, "Thank you." He whispered. Azira hugged him back a smile forming on her face because this time she wasn't afraid of letting go.