Chapter 3 - Things You Can't Outrun

Barry was out watching a movie with Iris, Zach was still working at the precinct and what was I doing? I was home alone, dancing in my room to the music blasting through the earphones connected to my cellphone. I was listening to Burn by Ellie Goulding and I was also singing along to the lyrics.

"Cause we got the fire, fire, fire. Yeah, we got the fire, fire, fire and we're gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn. We're gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn. Gonna let it burn, burn, burn, burn."

Suddenly, the music stopped as my phone started to ring. I stopped dancing in confusion before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Code 237 on Waid Boulevard," it was Cisco.

"Public indecency?" I asked.

"Wait, I think I meant a 239."

"Dog leash violation?" I furrowed my brows in disbelief.

"Bad man with a gun in a getaway car," Caitlin told me. "Go."

I sighed. "I'll call Barry."

I hung up on them and walked towards my bed and pulled out a suitcase. I dialed Barry's number as I opened it, revealing my suit inside.

After a couple of rings, he answered.

"Hey, duty calls. Waid Boulevard," I told him.

I didn't wait for a response, I hung up the phone and smiled. picking up my flame mask.

------>

Suited up, I flew towards Waid Boulevard, my entire body in flames and caught sight of the getaway car

Suited up, I flew towards Waid Boulevard, my entire body in flames and caught sight of the getaway car. I shot fire towards the tires, melting them and as the driver started to lose control, I lowered myself in front of the car. I let the fire fade as I placed my hands on the hood, sparks spread from my fingers and the engine died before the car could hit me.

"What the--?" The driver said, confused.

"Hi," I smiled.

He aimed his gun at me and was about to pull the trigger, that's when I saw a blur and knew it was Barry. He zoomed towards the driver and the both of them vanished. Barry had sped the perp into the back of the cop car that had been pursuing him and put handcuffs on him without him or the cops knowing what happened. Then Barry returned to the movie theater.

"Have fun in prison," I said before using fire to fly away from the scene.

------>

The next day, Barry and Joe came to S.T.A.R. Labs for help on a case. The Darbinyan crime family has been killed by some type of poison gas, but because they didn't all die at the same time, they came to the conclusion that a metahuman was involved.