Chapter 19 - All Star Team Up

Tonight, Central City was busy with crime

Tonight, Central City was busy with crime. There was no way that the cops could keep up, that's why I was sitting in a squad car with Zach, suited up as the Phoenix while Barry helped Joe and Eddie.

Zach had the sirens blaring as we chased after two guys in a getaway car.

"We got a 10-31 in progress," a woman said over the radio. "Shiny Diamond, 18th and Olive."

I looked at Zach. "That's only a few blocks from here."

"Has every crook in Central City gone crazy?" he asked. "That's the third attempted robbery tonight."

"Barry, we got another one," I told him via comms.

"Where?" He asked me.

"Eighteenth and Olive." I answered.

"Got it." Barry said.

"Who's this?" I heard Joe say, obviously not talking to me.

"Oh. Indecent exposure. Powell Park." Barry told him.

"Ew," I grimaced.

"That ain't something you should be showing people," Joe told the perp.

"They're getting away, Zoe," Zach said, bringing my attention back to the car we were pursuing.

"They're not getting away, Zach," I replied before grabbing some handcuffs and opening the door.

"What? Zo--?" Zach's eyes went wide as I left in a blaze to chase the perps.

"Let's get these idiots at the Shiny Diamond," Joe said.

"All right," Barry replied.

"We're gonna run out of room, though." Joe added.

"I'll take care of that," Barry stated.

"What do you think he meant by that?" Eddie asked. "Oh, that's what he meant."

I flew after the car and landed in front of it, the perps looked at me with wide eyes startled. The car swerved as the driver hit the brakes and before it could hit me, I placed my hands on the hood, killing the engine. Zach pulled over and got out with his gun raised.

I walked over to the driver and swiftly handcuffed him. "So, uh, I'm just curious, but, um, have you guys not heard of me, or what?

The driver glared at me and I smiled. The passenger tried to leave but was stopped by the gun Zach pointed in his face.

"And by the way, you're under arrest," he said before chuckling.

"Nice work, chief," I told Zach.

------>

The next day, I was sitting in my office at the Fire Department, writing up a report.