Chapter 13 - Crazy For You

I blazed through the streets of Central City, making my way toward a crash site where a car had hit a power pole

I blazed through the streets of Central City, making my way toward a crash site where a car had hit a power pole. My co-workers at the Fire Department were already there and the cops were on their way. When I arrived on the scene, the Chief had ordered the firefighters to cut the power to the line and lay down the hose line. Sparks were showering down from the power line, I let the fire fade as I reached the overturned car.

"Help! Help! Help us!" The couple trapped inside called.

I tried to open the door but it was jammed.

"Hold on!" I told them as I stood back and threw a fireball at the door.

The woman inside screamed as I destroyed the lock. I walked closer, opening the door and pulled the man out first. I walked him a few feet away, to safety.

"Stay here, all right?" I told him and went back for the woman. "I got you."

The sparks coming from the powerline erupted intensely, causing a severed line to fall to the ground and ignite the fuel leaking from the car. I turned my head to see it travelling towards us and instantly igniting my back and extending my fiery wings as I used my body to shield the woman from the blast. The fire consumed the car and grew as it exploded.

"My wife!" I heard the man yell. "Dana!"

Still shielding the woman, I pulled her out of the car and started to absorb the flames into my back. Then I lead her out of the fire and towards her husband, who looked at us in shock. The firefighters ran forward and started to hose down the remaining flames on the car.

"How did--?" The man started to ask, lost for words.

Upon seeing each other safe, the man and woman ran to embrace each other in relief.

"I love you," the man told his wife before turning to me. "Thank you, Phoenix."

I looked at them and nodded before blazing away.

------>

Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, I was standing in the Cortex with Cisco, Caitlin, Dr. Wells and Barry after saving that couple.

"Zoe, that was insane," Cisco told me. "I mean, even I'm having a hard time getting mad at you for dirtying up my suit."

"Okay, when are we gonna start considering it my suit?" I asked, my hands on my hips.

Barry was swinging in a chair. "I second that."

"I'd be comfortable calling it our suit," Cisco replied.

"Okay, our suit." I nodded.

"Tonight was the fastest you've ever flown," Caitlin told me.

"Yes, your training is paying off," Dr. Wells agreed as Barry stood. "That couple is alive tonight because of you.