Chapter 4 - Going Rogue

What does The Flare do on her day off? Before the accident, if I wasn't still working at the fire station, I'd be at home chilling. Now my days off are different. Now, they aren't so lonely. The accident didn't just give me powers, it also gave me friends.

Barry and I were at S.T.A.R. Labs, he was using his speed to play ping pong with Cisco and chess with Dr. Wells simultaneously and I was currently playing Operation with Caitlin. The game buzzed when Caitlin failed to retrieve one of the organ pieces without touching the sides.

"This isn't even remotely anatomically correct," she complained.

"That's not the point, Dr. Snow," I told her, smiling as I successfully pull out an organ piece.

"Then what is the point?"

"To have fun and to continue our ongoing training," Barry told her. "We're testing the speed of my mind by pushing my ability to multitask."

"And we're testing Zoe's self-control," Dr. Wells added.

"If you wanted to discipline me, Dr. Wells, you should've given me a harder game," I replied. "And I'll have you know that I have great self-control."

Barry hit the ping pong ball towards Cisco before zooming towards Dr. Wells and moving a chess piece, then he zoomed back to hit the ball again before returning to the chess game and hitting the timer.

"I'm waiting on you, Dr. Wells," he smiled as he sped back to continue his game with Cisco.

Barry hit the ball one final time, making Cisco miss. After Caitlin failed again, I picked up another organ piece and smiled, smugly.

"Checkmate," Dr. Wells said.

Barry zoomed towards him. "Wait, checkmate?"

"Checkmate," Wells repeated. "I guess we still have a few things left to learn, don't we, Mr. Allen?"

Suddenly, the computer started beeping, Cisco went to check it out.

"Armed robbery at Fort and Kolins," he announced.

Barry and I walked towards our suits.

"For the record, I crushed it in Ping-Pong and Zoe crushed it in Operation," Barry said.

Barry used his speed to get into his suit and rushed out of the Cortex, I quickly got dressed into mine and ran out at normal speed.

I heard the game buzz again.

"It's not as easy as it looks," she said as I left.

------>

There was an armored truck being robbed, Barry zoomed up to the robbers and punched one as he passed before attacking another on a motorcycle

There was an armored truck being robbed, Barry zoomed up to the robbers and punched one as he passed before attacking another on a motorcycle. Engulfed in flames, I flew closer and knocked down a robber on another motorcycle. Then I moved towards the truck, going inside and pushing the last robber out, making him fall to the ground.