06

Harry's POV:
The next morning I hear my alarm go off and groan, I reach out to press snooze but push my phone off my nightstand by accident.

I close my eyes in annoyance, let out a sigh and get up, picking my phone up from the floor.

It's Saturday, 9am, and I'm back home. Last night I dropped Niall off at his parents' house and drove home afterwards.
My sister was already sleeping, tired from work but my mum was still up, waiting for me to arrive.

I quickly head downstairs into the kitchen, the smell of crumbled eggs and toast is in the air.

"Morning, darling." My mum walks around the counter and presses me to her chest. She only reaches up to my neck and looks at me.
„I made breakfast, Harry. So good to have you back home." She smiles and I nod, pouring myself some orange juice.

"Is Gemma already up?" I ask and my mum nods. "Yeah, your sister's getting fresh buns and some bread."

I smile at her and watch her set plates on the table in our dining room. I missed being home so much.

"Tell me Harry, how are your studies going? How are Niall, Phina and Liam? Everything's alright?"
My mum looks at me and hands me a cup of coffee.

"It's going really well so far...living with Niall is just...it's exactly how you imagine living with him would be like, it's all fine."

"And Phina?"

"What about her?" I narrow my eyes at my mum and take a sip from my cup.

"Don't play dumb, Harry. I still remember that day after prom when you came home, being completely drunk...you fell down on the sofa, started crying, telling me how much you love Phina and how much it hurts you that she's with...Aaron? What was his name again?"

I roll my eyes. I do remember that day too...at least what my mum told me afterwards. I know that I wanted to go to prom with Phina but she went with Aiden and I just played along and the day after prom, it was a Saturday, I went to the bar with Niall and got drunk. I don't know why I drank so much but I think I wanted to numb my feelings and everything. Wanted to feel nothing at all.

"They aren't together anymore though...and his name's Aiden, mum." I sigh and look at her.

"Darling, I don't know what happened in Boston but I know Phina, I have known her for nearly five years now and please be there for her now. Breakups aren't easy, especially when you've been together for so long...she needs you."

"She doesn't only need me...she needs Liam and Niall too. I'm only her best friend." I look at my mum and wished she would let that topic go.

"Darling...Harry...come here." She opens her arms and gives me one of those comforting hugs that make you feel better instantly.
I close my eyes and she pats my shoulder.

"You know? Phina needs time to heal now, she needs her best friends, it may take weeks or maybe even months but...she loves you, Harry. You're one of her best friends, you've known her for many years, you basically grew up together, went to high school together and now you're even studying the same thing...and who knows? Now that she's free from Aiden, she might start seeing you as the charming young man that you are." My mum giggles and I roll my eyes playfully.
"Thanks mum, we'll see."

"Is that the soft voice of my sweet little brother that I hear?" Gemma sings and comes into the kitchen, holding a brown paper bag.

"C'mere baby boy." My sister pulls me into a hug, takes my face in her hands and places a kiss on my nose.
I try to get her off of me and she knows that I hate that kind of affection, yet she does it anyway to annoy me.
"Good morning, Gem." I mumble with a smile on my face.