Twelve

After what felt like days you felt the majority of the pain fade away, you continued laying in the darkness waiting for the unpleasant feelings to return only for nothing except the dull ache in your bones. 

The bed was damp with sweat and stuck to your skin as you moved. Slowly you made your way into a sitting position which proved to be difficult as all your movements were stiff and awkward. As you collected yourself the reality of your situation came crashing down. 

Carefully you reached up and grabbed your shoulder, you felt the area where your arm was supposed to be only for you to find a few unneeded stitches since the skin there already healed over. Strange you were surprised, how long were you out for? It usually took days for minor bruises to heal, you couldn't have been here for that long? Could you?

You struggled to stand, your head spinning in protest momentarily before stilling. A small amount of relief overcame you as you finally had your feet planted on the ground, this relief was soon reinforced as you looked around, recognizing your surroundings as Heisenberg's bedroom. That's when you noticed the odd silence, usually the factory was loud, the multitude of machines Heisenberg had on hand were the farthest thing from silent and as far as you knew he never turned them off, too scared to risk them not starting up again. 

The first step forward was painful and made you scrunch your eyebrows in concentration, the last thing you needed was to fall on the hard floor and risk any injuries. 

Your shoes were gone, you noted as the cold seeped into the bottom of your feet. Heisenberg's bedroom door creaked as you opened it before you slowly started your search for the man. You found him in his workshop. He was hyper focused on the project in front of him, he was tense as he worked the gears and metal into the desired shape he needed. 

The workshop was strangely chilly due to the machines being off. 

"H-eisenberg." Your voice was hoarse and quiet. Every syllable was painful and strained your vocal cords. 

Heisenberg jumped, obviously startled by the sudden interruption, the machine in front of him creaked before clicking back into place. The man turned to face you; he eyed your disheveled form as you clung to the doorframe of his workshop trying your best to stay steady. 

"Ya look like shit." he muttered under his breath. "Thanks," you scoffed. "I feel like shit too." you gazed at your shoulder eyebrows furrowed. 

"Surprised your a'ready up, last time I saw a reaction that bad the poor fellow was out for at least a month." Heisenberg turned back to his project. "How long was you know-" you pushed off the wall walking up to him. "Two days, bird bitch has been freaking out. Almost killed me when she found out you were here." you visibly tensed at the mention of Miranda, Heisenberg noticed from the corner of his eye. 

"Donna came over quite a few times to check on you, doubt you were lucid enough to notice."