Chapter 39

Song - Work Song, By: Hozier.

A/N: that song is freaking amaaaazzzing! give it a listen!

I walked down the street, my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. I smiled as i watched a kid sliding down the slide but winced when he went flying and landed on his back. He sprung up and shook himself off before going back up. I took that time to laugh to myself, feeling slightly guilty at finding a kids fall funny but i shook my head and walked away. I'd think it would look quite creepy after awhile - an adult watching kids play in the park? I wouldn't wanna be that person.

I shivered as a gust of wind blew past me and i pulled my hoodie tighter toward me and bunched my hands tighter into the pockets. I sighed as i heard a loud clap of thunder so i sped my walking up and was soon on my front porch. One of the many things i loved about my neighborhood growing up - it was a three minute walk to and from the park.

The tour ended last week and when the last show ended, Lex, Paislee, Sasha, Rain, baby Sky and I all left toward the airport. They went back home to California, Lexi, Pais and I went toward Texas. I kinda wanted out of the spotlight just for a bit, as my world literally blew up after my 'break up'. (Lexi had also admitted she missed home and needed a bit of it for a while.) Niall and I hadn't talked after that night at the bar. It's been almost one month since that night, and its been one of the hardest i've had to live through, throughout my entire career. The hate got worse, my name was mentioned more than ever and it was just really difficult. I didn't show my emotion to anyone but my best friends and family. I tweeted positively, kept my and instagram updated and even started a public snapchat. I wasn't going to let this get to me publicly. I didn't really want to show off my weakness and let them feed off of it like that.

I walked into my house and pulled my hood down, slipping my shoes off.

I looked up and jumped when i saw my mother standing in the doorway.

"What?" she giggled when i jumped.

"You scared me." I mumbled.

"Sorry." she smiled, staring at me. Like, straight into me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked walking past her and toward the counter in the kitchen. I hopped up on the counter and sat there, looking at her - who was still following me with her eyes.

"I'm just thinking about how everyday you would come home from the park and kick your shoes off. I got so angry at you because you never kicked your shoes off outside and you would always track sand inside the house." she rambled, sitting across from me.

"I remember that. We were always so testy with each other because of that. I thought it was freaking ridiculous of you." I giggled at the memory of her sighing loudly and putting her hand on her hip.

She smiled but it soon disappeared.

"You used to tell me everything, you know." she mumbled.

I stared at her and sighed to myself, running my fingers through my wind struck hair.

"I still tell you things. I thought.." I muttered.

"Okay. Tell me this. Why are you hiding?"

"I had a break I'm done with tour and I wanted to see you guys. Is this why you've been acting weird since i got here?" I asked her.

"I'm not acting weird! I'm just worried. You've not been yourself, and you haven't even told me you broke up with your boyfriend." she spit out.

"You already knew!"