Chapter 41

Song / Hello / Adele.

Niall's POV.

I had the biggest pit of nerves in my stomach since the second I woke up this morning. I felt like i was going to vomit. I knew i shouldn't have been as nervous as i was, but i couldn't help it. From flying here to San Antonio to win back Ariella, which I succeeded, - thank God- and now going to a BBQ with Ariella and her family.

But, strangely enough the thing i was most nervous about was formally meeting her parents. Her dad was out of town from some work meeting, but was coming back in time for the grill out.

And, I'm aware I've already kind of met her mother, but it was very brief. I didn't get to really introduce myself because she was in such a rush and needed to go. I was half expecting her to slam the door in my face, but thank God she didn't. Even though I could see the puzzlement in her features when she saw me, and as she was leaving me in her house - alone. But i assumed, that was a good sign, right? Do people in America usually leave strangers who happen to be dating their daughter in their house, alone? I don't know, but I'm glad she did.

As I was getting ready to head back over to Ariella's so we could go to Paislee's together, my stomach was in knots, as I walked down stairs from my hotel room. I got downstairs and climbed into the car that was waiting for me. I sat in the back as we drove through downtown San Antonio, I admired the people with their shopping bags, and parents with their kids, strolling from store to store. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to when Ariella and I would do that. If we ever did. I sure hoped we'd one day have that. A happy marriage and one day; maybe a kid or two.

I shook my head and cleared my throat as I caught myself thinking that far ahead into the future.

Did I really want all of that with Ariella Adams? The answer was, hell yes, I did.

I smiled to myself as we pulled into her driveway. I thanked the driver and got out, making my way to the front door. Before I could knock the door was slammed open by a teenage girl I'd never seen before. Her eyes were very wide and she looked like she was going to cry, I was very puzzled and I was wondering why the door had been opened by a teenager on the verge of tears.

"Um, Hi." Was all I could think of saying.

"Hi." She smiled, moving to the side so I could come in.

I heard footsteps coming down the steps and saw Alexa, walk around the corner.

She smiled when she saw me but her face dropped when she saw the teenage girl who couldn't stop starring at me, "Riley, I thought you went back to your house to get those shoes for me?" Alexa asked.

"I was, but when I opened the door, Niall was there." She said, shuffling on her feet nervously.

"Oh okay. Why don't the both of us walk to yours and get the shoes?" She asked.

The girl - Riley, nodded, walking toward the door.

Alexa shot me a smile, "Ari is in her room getting ready, just go ahead and go up there."

I looked at her for a second and she laughed knowing my issue, "Our parents already left, you're safe." She said, heading out the door before peeping her head back through, "For now." She giggled, closing the door as she left.

I laughed at her joke, - or at least I hoped it was a joke.

I trotted up the steps, trying to detect where her room was, I heard some music coming from a room down the hall on the right, so I went toward the noise. The door was cracked open, so I pushed the door open with my foot, pleased by the sight, a smile set on my face.