Midsummers

Abby's POV

"How angry do you think he is going to be when you show up to the country club?" Sarah asks, zipping up the back of my dress. "The angrier the better," I smile, pulling up my dress. I observe myself in the mirror, looking at the beautiful red dress that I'm wearing. "Your boobs are going to fall out of this," Sarah snorts from behind me.

"Well, Rafe will definitely see me then," I scoff. I turn around, now facing Sarah. I observe her face to discern what she is feeling in this moment. "How are you with all of this? If you want, I can avoid doing all of this around you if you want." She shakes her head. "He tried to kill me, Abby. I'm done trying to save him." I look at her for a moment, trying to see if she means it before nodding my head. Unless she is keeping her emotions hidden which she isn't very good at, she seems to be okay with this. "What happens if he tries to kill you or kidnap you again?" she asks, putting on her heels. I smile, turning around to look in the mirror. I pull my hair to the front. "He won't. He will be too stressed and too focused on what he hears. Just make sure that you and Kie play your parts well."

"We will," she assures, walking next to me to look at herself in the mirror. "You do realize your dress does not match with the summer theme, right?" she asks, looking at my dress. "I'll stand out. I have to." I chose this dress because it would make me stand out. Everyone at this idiotic function will be wearing whites and pastels. Deep red will stick out like a sore thumb which is exactly what I want. I turn around, looking at the back of my dress before turning back around. "Besides, I look hot."

"Tell them it's time to go. I'll be there in an hour. Until I get there, have fun and try not to glare at your brother too much," I smile, stepping into my heels. "Time to see how good of an actor you are," I smirk.

Her outfit. (The girl with brown hair represents her hairstyle but she has black hair. The girl with black hair represents her makeup."

An hour later

An hour later

I check the dagger strapped to my thigh, making sure it's secure before walking into the country club, not allowing myself to be greeted by anyone. Intaking a deep breath, I make my way into the main room where the party is being held. I keep my gaze focused and my feet fast-walking as I try to find Sarah. I see JJ and give him a small smile. He taps his left ear, reminding me of the earpiece in my and JJ's ears before cocking his head to the left. I look to the left and see Sarah and Kiara who are currently having a small conversation. I give him a nod in thanks before walking towards her. "I need to talk to you guys," I urge, interrupting their conversation.

"Rafe just spotted you. He's watching you right now but he's too far away to hear. He's walking closer right now," JJ says over the earpiece. "Rafe is walking our way now. Time for a show," I whisper.

"What are you doing here, Abby? You are supposed to be laying low after what happened," Kie reminds, grabbing my arm, making me face her. "I had to come. I couldn't text you. It's about that night. Is there somewhere we can go to talk?" I ask, looking at both Kie and Sarah.