Pansy

Abby's POV

Rafe moves in front of me, obscuring my naked body from Pansy's view, his naked body fully on display. I incline my head so that I can see over his shoulder. Pansy looks down, tilting her head. "Jesus Christ. Got yourself a good one. I'll invest in a wheelchair for you," she smiles before lifting her head to look at me. "Who is that?" Rafe asks, slightly tilting his head towards me. I swallow. "Pansy. Pansy Olvera." I take a breath before continuing. "She's Kai's sister."

Rafe's body goes rigid. He slowly reaches for a butcher knife in the butcher block that holds my knives. Pansy tilts her head. "Now that isn't how you welcome a friend, blondie. Why don't you put that thing down before you hurt yourself."

I reach out, pushing Rafe's arm down. "How did you find me?" She drops her backpack on the ground and pushes her suitcase away from my front door. "I followed Kai. Figured you would need some help but considering you are getting fucked on a counter by Mr. tall and hot here, I'm guessing he didn't get here yet?"

"No, he did," Rafe says. "He's in a gator's stomach right about now." My eyes widen at Rafe's words. Pansy inclines her head before looking away. "He had it coming."

I can tell Rafe is confused by her words. "She was the one who helped me get out. And she helped me get clean. It's okay," I whisper into Rafe's ear. He looks at me before placing the butcher knife on the counter. "As much as I love seeing this man naked, I would prefer to catch up with you without his cock staring at me from across the room," Pansy smiles.

"Toss me my robe," I ask. Pansy looks around before heading to the hallway, grabbing my black robe. She tosses it over to me and I put it on before hopping off the counter, standing in front of Rafe.

She rolls her eyes. "Relax. I'm not going to steal your boy toy. Just get dressed so we can talk." I bend down and grab Rafe's jeans, handing them to him. "Does your father know Kai came here?" I ask, walking over to the couch, taking a seat. She shakes her head. "He knows Kai went to find you. But Kai never said where."

"How do we know you aren't lying?" Rafe asks, taking a seat next to me. He pulls my hand and entwines our fingers together. Did he just say we? Heat rises to my cheeks at Rafe calling us 'we.' Pansy notices this and quirks a brow. I glare at her. Her attention turns to Rafe. "If I wanted you dead, pretty boy..." she leans forward. "You'd be dead."

"We can trust her, Rafe," I assure, squeezing his hand. He doesn't even look my way. He just continues glaring at her. "How have you not killed him yet?" Pansy asks, looking him up and down. "I've been tempted," I answer. Rafe glances at me, glaring. "You act as if you didn't try to kill me first," I remind. He glares harder and Pansy snorts. "Oh, we definitely have a lot to catch up on."

The next few hours are spent talking about how Rafe and I met. Pansy laughs at my statements whereas Rafe glares at me and interjects from the kitchen. He grumbles to Loki when I tell Pansy something that Rafe doesn't like.

Rafe makes lunch for the three of us as Pansy and I talk about Rafe and Kai. I tell her what happened to him and though a part of her seems sad, she doesn't fault me for what happened. She knew the things he did to me. She knew what he was like.

"Lunch is ready!" Rafe yells from the kitchen. "That boy has a mouth on him," Pansy mumbles, putting her hand over her ear. "At least he's good with his mouth," I murmur, getting up from the couch. I see Pansy's eyes widen. "What?" Pansy jumps, following me to the kitchen.

I go up to Rafe, enclosing my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind. A low rumble emits from deep in his throat, sounding like a laugh. "Do I get a thank you for making lunch?"