Trouble

Abby's POV

As I walk towards the candle section at bath and body works, looking for a mahogany apple candle, my phone buzzes. I pull my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it with my face, before going check my messages.

Barry: "Stay away from the abandoned parking garage in the woods the one about 20 miles north of Walmart stay away from it today"

Me: "Why? What the hell is going on?"

Barry: "I can't explain just stay away if you want to stay alive"

I click the call button on my phone. It rings for a few seconds before he picks up. "Are you crazy?" he asks, his voice quiet. "Tell me what the fuck is going on," I sneer, looking around the aisle to make sure nobody is there.

      "Country club stole my coke and sold it. He hasn't paid me shit and my boss came to collect last night. I told him what happened, and my boss wants Rafe dead. I'm trying to do damage control and keep him alive," he finally answers.

"I'm going over there. Are you there now?" I ask, knowing drug dealers will most likely just kill people like Barry and go after people like Rafe. Barry is a friend. He may have held a gun to the heads of my other friends, but he is still a friend to me.

      "No. You aren't coming here. Stay away for your own safety," he whispers, his tone having a hint of desperation. "I'm going either way. You can either tell me if you are there or not and where your boss is so I can prepare or you can make the chances of us dying increase by not talking," I sneer, walking out of the candle aisle. I quickly purchase the candle and walk out of the store, getting on my bike.

"I'm here now. But my boss will be here soon. He wanted to meet here because it's private. If he sees you, you're dead."

"He won't see me," I assure, hanging up the phone. I start my bike and ride off, heading for the abandoned parking garage. I head north, through the woods until the garage comes into view. I get off my bike and park it about a half-mile away from the garage behind a tree. I see Barry's bike next to the entrance of the parking garage.

I fucking knew Rafe would start using again. After that night at the bonfire, I knew it was only a matter of time. And that's if he didn't do it the moment he got out of my apartment. There could be another dealer on the island, or he could have gotten it from a friend. He's Rafe fucking Cameron. If he wanted coke, he would have gotten coke.

As I walk towards the garage, my knife unsheathed and in hand, I see a tall figure step out of a sports car. I step to the left quickly, hiding behind a tree before peaking my head out, looking at the figure.

A tall muscular man, roughly 6'3 and pure muscle closes his car door and walks towards the garage. Tattoos cover his entire body, including his face. A gun sits in his pants, near his lower back. Fuck. I wait until I see him head to the sixth floor before entering the parking garage, making sure to run quietly. Luckily, I decided to wear converse instead of heels this morning. When I get to the fifth floor, I begin to slowly walk. Voices become clear and able to hear.

"Where the fuck is my money?" a deep male voice asks. "I told you, man. This kid stole coke from me and sold it. He will be giving me the money. He just needs a little time, man. When have I ever been late on a payment? Give me a little credit," Barry asks, trying to sound laid-back.

"It's not about you, Barry," the deeper voice growls. "It's about the fact that this kid stole from you knowing I was your boss which means he stole from me too. I don't tolerate thieves."