01 : 𝖣𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝖥𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌

[🏯]

A month had passed.

Empress Y/N peacefully sat on her throne, eyes skimming through the pages of a book she borrowed from her husband's study. It was early in the morning and she was ready to receive her duties for the day.

Creek!

"Darling?" Emperor Soobin's head poked from the doorway. "Ah! There you are, my world."

"Soobin," she closed the book. "What is it?"

"Nothing." Smiling, he approached her. "I just wanted to take a glimpse at my precious sunshine. Besides, you left the bed too soon. I wanted to hold you."

Empress Y/N giggled. "My apologies. Did I perhaps cause an inconvenience?"

"Somehow, yes."

"In what way?"

Emperor Soobin lightly yanked her up. He snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her close to his body. His nose sniffed the space of her neck, lips gently nibbling on her sensitive skin. Empress Y/N clutched on his robes. She tried to shove him off but she felt weak on her knees instead.

"Soobin." She whispered. "Spare me until tonight, please. Now isn't the right time to-"

"Your Majesties."

The two scooted away from each other upon hearing Lady Jungyeon's voice. Empress Y/N turned away in embarrassment while her husband cleared his throat, gesturing for the girl to come in. Lady Jungyeon pretended to have seen nothing and marched forward. Although, there was a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

"I'm very sorry for interrupting your business," she stifled a laugh. "But I have just received an urgent notice from one of the knights."

"Go on." Emperor Soobin encouraged.

"One of them was patrolling the woods an hour ago and saw this."

She handed over a small item wrapped in a piece of cloth. There were red spots on the linen, indicating that whatever's inside was once bloody. Empress Y/N took the courage to unwrap it. Gleaming was a badge made of silver.

"Isn't this.."