02 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖨𝗌 𝖭𝗈 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝖾

[🏹]

Another month had passed.

"Higher, Lady Jungyeon!"

"This is the farthest I could reach, Your Highness!"

"Very well! Stay still!"

Prince Yujeong pulled on his bowstring and aimed. He had his right eye closed, arrow secured in between his two fingers. Lady Jungyeon gulped. Although trembling, she held an apple up in the air to serve as target.

"Oh, God.." She mumbled.

"Don't move!"

"Your Highness, I— AAAAHH!!"

THWAP!

Lady Jungyeon instinctively dodged. The arrowhead flew past her wrist, almost tearing her skin. She fell back to the ground with a look of terror on her face. Prince Yujeong lowered his bow in dismay.

"What have you done?"

"What have I done?!" Lady Jungyeon glared up at him. "That shot nearly impaled me, Your Highness!"

"Well, maybe if you didn't flinch, you'd be alright!"

"Why can't you just place this silly apple on a surface? Why bail me out of the courtroom just so I could risk my life for the sake of your practice?!"

"The riskier the better, Lady Jungyeon."

Prince Yujeong strided over to collect his death sticks. The lady stood, grunting. She dusted her robes free from dirt whilst muttering jinxes towards the royal underneath her breath.

"He's been training for three years!" She hissed. "There's barely any improvement! Just because he saved Her Majesty from an incident before doesn't mean he's destined to fire blades, yeah?!"

"I can hear you."

"Good."

"Don't think you can disrespect me, Lady Jungyeon. I'm a few pedestals higher than you."

"Right," she rolled her eyes. "A Prince who puts a poor lady's life in danger."

"I did tell you to stay still, didn't I?"

"I'm afraid I refuse to believe that I could trust you enough."

"I am trustworthy! Come on, you even missed it!"

Prince Yujeong and Lady Jungyeon glared at each other. The girl jabbed the apple straight to his chest and strutted away. The Prince took a bite and followed her.

"Where are you going?"

"Back to my duties, Your Highness."

"No, don't go!" He whined. "We're not done yet!"

"I'm sorry but if I stay one more time, I might as well expect to have my funeral by tomorrow."

"That's offensive!"